Audio buzz from reciver when X10 film on pause?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Tricky, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Tricky

Tricky New Member

X10 playing from my NAS with matrix to split signals to my TV and receiver (audio) as my TV won't pass through DD+ or DTS, the matrix has EDID and when a multichannel HD audio is selected and a movie played that has a DD+ soundtrack I get an unpleasant buzz/hum from the receiver whenever the film is paused, tried every setting I can think of on all sides, is this more likely to be totally down to the matrix as the twin output is both audio and video?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Does the receiver have an audio setting to choose between Auto/HDMI/Analogue/Digital?

If so, set to HDMI and not Auto.

An audio hum generally indicates an analogue audio issue (often a ground loop) but this wouldn't affect HDMI so it's possible the matrix is causing a bit of confusion when the the audio track stops and the receiver is looking for an analogue signal that doesn't exist.

Also, is it not possible to connect Zidoo>Amp>TV and do away with the matrix?

3. Tricky

Tricky New Member

Bit of an awkward one as the receiver is an old Onkyo top of the range TX-NR508 and is 9.1 but not Atmos, and because I don't always use the amp that much I have rigged it that way because I don't want it to mess with the video signal as UHD was not an option when it was built, I have tried all combos and the only way to eliminate it is to not use a multichannel EDID in the matrix which kind of defeats the object, when paused the amp still displays a DD+ signal as input, so I don't think its changing modes through confusion...guess I will either have to get a different matrix which is a minefield or just put up with it as it's only on pause with DD+ encoded films.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely a really odd one..

5. Lisa Harris

Lisa Harris New Member

Remove the cables connecting the receiver, power amplifier, or device powering your speakers. Only the speaker cables, loudspeakers, and AC plug powering

videobruce likes this.
  6. videobruce

videobruce Member

The hum could be just between the amp & the speakers generated inside the amp.