Are we getting 2.1.12 firmware soon for X10 ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by DELUCAS, Oct 1, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

As title .

Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Maybe they plan to push the Android 7.1 uplift in one go. The new Z-models have been shipped (Futeko) so such a FW already has gone live.
    Except CD-ROM and the alpha Music Player 3.0 there is not so much in it.

Published my experiences with both already: CD-ROM seems to work only via SATA now and not via USB yet, Music Player works for core functionality but the scraper is really in an alpha stage.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. DELUCAS

My thoughts were the X10 - X9s were not getting Android 7.1 ?

Id imagine there busy with there event and final touches to 7.1 for the other boxes .

4. Nice Monkey

Maintaining 2 OS versions to test for all coming updates does not seem very logical to me. They look at the pennies.
    I would be very surprised if not moved to the RTD1295 models.

But for sure first on the RTD1296 models, but I repeat these have been manufactured and shipped already. These guys are really moving these days.

5. DELUCAS

Id be happy if the 1295 got 7.1 even if takes a while while they concentrate on the newer models to sort out the bugs which id imagine there will be .

Will have to wait and see if .
    But not heard officially if the 1295 chipset will get it .

But it does make sense to push the newer boxes with it and force people as such to upgrade .

Or we would still be on win 95 ;)

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the more they release new things the more i think that android is not the proper OS for TV boxes ( or at least not the way realtek/zidoo does it ), it gets old fast, to hard to maintain, to hard to update properly, and allot of work is needed to change it at a core level for it to output proper movie standards, here we are talking about android 7, OS that come out over 2 years ago

not to mention the work they put in there own video player, i'm waiting for zidoo to come one day and say ZDMC won't get updates anymore, use zidoo player, is better

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. DELUCAS

I can see zdmc being dropped soon and you have Leia 18 nearly finished and whatever that supports ......
    Android 9 is out now so really Android 7.1 is old hat let alone 6.1 .

6.1 will be as such win 95 i can see as it slowly gets dropped .
    Yes it will still work but interesting to see what can be done or added with 7.1 ?

8. Nice Monkey

The only thing I can say is that FW 2.1.12 for X9S and FW 1.7.7 for Z9S are very close. To be more precise regarding GUI, functionality and features they are to be called identical. The difference are specifically in HW related matters: IO speed, ports and Video quality aspects. Not the GUI look and feel like X20/X20-PRo have as that is clearly different (high end).
    This indicates quite detailed the approach Zidoo is following I think?

I never minded the OS version that much myself, in my view it is only relevant for Security Aspects (not trivial these days) and compatibility with APP's from the Google Store , but I feel Android TV and DRM support like Widevine L1 are a lot more relevant here.
    ZDMC is just another APP (KODI) with the exception of a driver patch matching the specific HW capabilities.
    I did not observe any difference directly related to the OS level between X9S and Z9S at all using the Zidoo bundled applications.

My Z9S specific experiences go here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...specifications-and-many-pictures.10955/page-2

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  9. Still no news?

10. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

v2.0.34 Is a mess, they really need to move on this.

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

NO!
    Just get the new units, Z10.. :cool:

12. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Yeah, spend more money on something that doesn't work because everyone has bottomless pockets & endless amounts of time to futilely debug.

13. Nice Monkey