Apple Music CLASSIC app on A8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by eieio, Feb 1, 2024.

1. eieio

eieio New Member

Dear All:

Subject Line: cannot edit typo - should have said Apple Music CLASSICAL

i am interested in using Apple Music AND Apple Music Classical at full resolution 192kHz(?) when i purchase my A8. i hesitated due to them NOT including Apple Music Classical out of the box but they told me that they've resolved the issue with the NEW firmware versions v1.2.50 and v1.2.80.

i want to be certain that with these new firmware versions, that the A8 is functioning as expected and not unstable as some previous firmware versions have been.

also, as Eversolo claims that they cannot pre-install Apple Music Classical due to them geographically located in an area where they cannot get Apple Music Classical, that others are able to, without issues or trouble, easily install and use Apple Music Classical app as expected and without unusual behavior.

i am looking forward to buying the A8 as Primephonic has the best classical search options by far and Apple Music Classical is simply Primephonic rebranded after its acquisition.

i hope to hear from the good folks here with their experiences with downloading, installing, and using Apple Music Classical.

thank you all! much appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  2. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

3. eieio

eieio New Member

Hello @Dr. Audio! thank you so much for directing me to your other post - entirely relevant!

some friends and i are all waiting for the proper functioning of Apple Music Classical AND Apple Music before we purchase the A8, as most of us enjoy listening to a good amount of classical music.

while it's comforting to see a video that Eversolo sent me showing Apple Music Classical has been installed and is superficially functioning, only kind and knowledgeable folks like @Dr. Audio can truly give us the genuine state of affairs of how well or not well Apple Music Classical is functioning.

my friends and i all already have good streamers and DACs, so we must know for certain that we may buy and use the A8 and it functions as expected, rather than a work-in-progress requiring a lot of tweaking and adjustments by the owner. we are not interested in doing that.

i can't understand why Eversolo is able to implement Apple Music (non-classical) and have it work properly, seemingly without too many issues or objections by users, while they are seemingly UNable to get Apple Music Classical to function properly. aren't they essentially the same apps but merely with a different search engine?

i wonder how long we all have to wait before they fix these issues and have a "non beta" A8 so we may all go buy the A8 to enjoy?

4. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

The new update for the A8 is now added for internet install and is no longer a beta. It does help with Apple Music Classic because Eversolo has added a setting that moves one of the borders containing icons to other functions able to be swiped away so we can get to the AM Classical settings which I thought would improve things. But there is more that is needed. AM original works fine and has much classical music and sounds wonderful. So I do my searching and reading on AM Classical and they go to the Original and play the music! It is a work around that is not too difficult. I also want, along with many others, for Eversolo to upgrade Apple Play to version 2 for multiroom use. No dice yet even though it is a standard on other players now. I don’t even know if this is possible because it may require new hardward.

5. eieio

eieio New Member

@Dr. Audio: thank you again for your details. very much appreciated by me and my group of enthusiastic friends!

i'm sorry, may i please request kindly that you expand and explain the part in orange above that you wrote please? i don't understand what you mean.

thank you in advance.

6. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

What I meant to say is that Search is much better in AM Classical. Apple incorporated many features from Primephonic into AM Classical. These included some nice features such as handling the complex metadata of classical music, more information about the music and a better screen layout. However there are many issues in playback as I reported so I use AM Classical as a classical music search engine and then play the music on the original Apple Music until Classical’s playback problems are fixed. I have also been trying out Qobuz lately to see if that platform solves some of these issues and so far it has. The Eversolo App is not a detailed as the one in the Apple app store but it is useable. I found it cumbersome to save whole albums in Qobuz but I also have figured a workaround for that too.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  7. eieio

eieio New Member

@Dr. Audio: i just sent you a private message on this forum's messaging system. kindly please see if you are able to see my message. Thank you so much for your thoughtful points here on Apple Music Classical!

8. Todd Smith

Todd Smith New Member

I just purchased an A8 and it doesn't seem to have Apple Music preinstalled...not sure if you are saying yours already had it or not. Either way I am looking for a solution to get it installed. I found one installer, but received an error about it being either a rooted or non rooted device (not sure of the terminology). Can anyone give me some guidance here? I am on software 1.2.80.

9. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

Sure. You need to go to the Cast function on your phone app or on the A8 screen directly. Then go to Apps button and you should see Apple Music logo there. Click it to download the app to the A8. You will have to go to the Cast Screen each time you want to use Apple Music (Which is annoying to me), rather than just going to Streaming and using it like Qobuz or Amazon Music HD.

10. Todd Smith

Todd Smith New Member

Thanks for the reply. I went and looked but Apple Music isn't there. In the mean time I did manage to find a 4.6 version that allowed me to install Apple Music and it actually functions...yea! One last question. Does anyone have a link to and instructions for installing the SqueezeBox software to allow for a Roon RAAT connection?

11. singeractor

singeractor New Member

It is there! Choose cast and then apps. There you will find Apple Music and for some days now the Classical app, too.