Apple Music Classical still not working right…

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Dr. Audio, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I was excited to see in this new update for the A6 1.2.50 there was an Apple Music Classical app already to download without having sideload it. However the app is still not working correctly. Whatever the original sample frequency, the app only has two choices: 192 kHz correctly for 192 files but everything else is changed to 48kHz. If the music happens to be anything other than 192, the music is presented at 48 kHz. Interestingly if you turn off EOS all the tracks become 192! Can this be fixed by Eversolo? I hope so. This behavior may be related to a malfunctioning of the EOS system. If this is an Apple app problem it probably won’t get fixed most likely.

ebr63 likes this.
  2. eieio

eieio New Member

sorry for my ignorance.

may i please ask what EOS is please? thank you.

3. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

From what I understand from the good folks on this forum is that EOS, which stands for Eversolo Original Sampling rate, allows the A6 to bypass certain Android restrictions on sampling frequency and allows the user to hear the original recording. Above this is another setting for allowing the machine to use the original sampling rate. I hope I have this right.

Jjb067 and Nutul like this.
  4. dunlop74

dunlop74 New Member

For me the problem is getting to the settings on the Classical app. The three dots are behind the control bar on the right of the screen. I’d have thought it would be fairly easy to fix

5. RolandG

RolandG Member

dunlop74 likes this.