App similar to HiControl (used with Himedia Q10 Pro)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SSThing, Aug 30, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Right so the Z10 Pro and Z9X both have attachable antennas - the Z1000 Pro doesn't

2. SSThing

SSThing Member

Z10 Pro.

I mentioned Soundabout because you said that sometimes the audio wasn't routing to your headphones.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh, in my review of Zank Remote you mean? No that's to do with memory or UAPP's cache, I believe. Closing and opening resolves it. No occasionally I use a std mouse to control UAPP which I've set to work via Bluetooth but it sometimes loses its connection, that's what I mean.

No I'm absolutely delighted with my new Headphone amp - I use with a new pair of ATH-MX50's and with the parametric equaliser settings in UAPP, they sound wonderful!

4. SSThing

SSThing Member

Is it perhaps caused by the Background Process Limit (in Developer Options) being default 2?

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I wonder? Maybe @Nice Monkey may know - I'm not going to mess with the setting unless I know it is safe to do so.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am using Z9X pure for testing. My main players are Neo models which don't even provide access to Android setup. No intention to even try this.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

8. SSThing

SSThing Member

I have absolutely no technical knowledge but I always (probably incorrectly) assumed that the Background Process Limit was there to prevent the memory from filling up and slowing the device down (because Android doesn't automatically kill all apps when you switch between them)? This was obviously more relevant on older phones with less capacity but on these (Zidoo) types of device, with more and faster memory, the limit isn't so critical.
    But I am more than happy to be corrected.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are on to something - it would be good to hear from anyone who has altered this setting and what noticeable difference it made. Thanks @SSThing

10. SSThing

SSThing Member

@rozel.
    I am interested in trying UAPP. Are your Zidoo devices running on the G version of the firmware?

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hiyya - yes, have always installed the "_G" firmware for Google Play Store. Indeed I installed the latest v6.4.40_G firmware yesterday, powered down and back up after 5 minutes and gave UAPP a run to check that it was still working ok, which it was. Installing Google Play Store though isn't straightforward but I think there's a link to it but here's the instructions from page one of the settings thread: -

TO REGISTER GOOGLE PLAY STORE (FOR "G" FIRMWARE)

1. Open Google Play Store app then Exit.

2. Goto Quick Setting>Other>About>GSF ID, Make a note of the GSF ID.

3. Goto https://www.google.com/android/uncertified log in and enter the GSF ID in the box provided

4. Click Google Play Store APP, if it is still not activated, then restart and check again.

UAPP is the best and it's cheap and Parsing your Source folders is almost instant :) Then you have TIDAL too - what more is there not to like?

MP7 is still hopeless IMHO

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  12. SSThing

SSThing Member

Thanks rozel.
    Not had much time to look further into this but I'll let you know how it goes.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No problem @SSThing - like Mark, I shall be away for a couple of weeks from tomorrow, but I shall be checking on here reasonably regularly..