Another Newbie Question re Casting

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Dr. Audio, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

Can you cast to BOTH an iPhone and an iPad? It was easy to set up the phone but when I tried with the iPad I got an error message saying that the iPad was “not on the LAN” which I don’t think is true. My unit is on an ethernet cable. I would like to have both with the APP because I don’t always have them with me. That is why I am waiting and waiting for the remote from Amazon which I will keep right next to my chair!

Any tricks to make this work. I tried entering the IP address of my unit but that did not help either.

Thanks again. This forum has educated me beyond my wildest dreams since I bought my first tape recorder in 1957. I have trying to learn about the audio/computer and music intersection since then. You guys are doing a wonderful job so thank you again.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I use file explorer app on my iPad to look at a movie located on one of the internal drives in the UHD3000

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I saw reports using more than one APP including Apple + Android.

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yes, you should be able to use more than one device. but not simultaneously. Make sure the other device is not being connected.

Your fist equipment was in 1957? You're likely older than my father. A lot of respects from me, at your age, being enthusiastic in hi-fi and keeping up to date with the tech is impressive. My hats off to you, sir.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  5. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I am 80 this year! It was 1957 actually when I bought a mono reel to reel that had the worse sound probably but I recorded all my favorite doo-wop hits from Alan Freed on WINS in NYC after my father solder to wires on the speaker and made some sort of a plug so I could record directly without using a microphone. I saved 49 cents doing that by not buying a bunch of 45’s. I used my paper route money. It was costly but I cannot remember how much. The only issue was the clicking I got from the traffic light near by. My smart father bought me a red gizmo that went into the socket which filtered out the AM burst of energy. I was hooked.
    PS I was able to get the iPad hooked not by the code but putting the IP address manually. Much better for my old eyes!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    Nutul, ammar11 and Kaboy like this.
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Another oldie, I turned 85 in June and passed my unrestricted drivers license for another 3 years.

wcseow, ammar11 and Dr. Audio like this.
  7. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hahaha, so in my 55 I am one of the youngest around, uh? :-D
    Love you guys, I hope I'll be still messing around with audio gear at your age!

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The young people don't listen to music anymore instead they watch it! The show is (often) more relevant than the actual sound.

Nutul likes this.