Android TV Remote Control doesn't work (supported?)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by boumboumboum, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. boumboumboum

boumboumboum New Member

Hi there,

I am new into Zidoo devices. I have got a new H6 Pro and I am quite happy with the outcome specially for movies.
    I would like to use the Google remote control "Android TV Remote Control" as I am doing to for other Android TV boxes but I couldn't succeed getting it configured.
    I have tried several things :
    - different remote devices (android, iphone);
    - zidoo box plugged in the network via wifi or ethernet, or both...;
    - enable/disable bluetooth;
    - reboot the box

But still it couldn't link each others, which make me think "is it supported?".

Does anyone have experienced this or as any idea how to get it configured?

Thanks a lot in advance,

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but the box runs android 7 not android TV, so android TV remote won't actually work with pure android os.

jjjackson likes this.
  3. boumboumboum

boumboumboum New Member

You are probably right! Didn't get that difference at the first look. Thanks...
    Then next question could be easily guessed... Which remote app could be my solution? What do you advise?
    I have already tried CetusPlay. This is working well as a mouse but text push doesn't work.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

So far none i tested where actual solutions for box remote, other than kodi remote , but that only works within kodi app

5. Crife60

Crife60 New Member

I, I have inserted the Zidoo x7 IR codes into my universal remote control Logitech Harmony. Everything works perfectly in Home, but in Kodi 17.4 I noticed that Return or Exit does not work making navigation impossible in the menus. I found that the same thing happens with the original remote control used in infrared mode. I updated the firmware but did not change anything. Solutions? .. thank you from Italy - Rome.

6. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Hi, when you said original remote control used in infrared mode, are you actually saying that the H6 Pro bluetooth remote control can be put into infrared mode? If so, can you let us know how to do that? May be you meant original X7 remote control controlling H6 Pro in IR mode?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. Crife60

Crife60 New Member

HI.Il H6 Bluetooth remote control is also infrared and if we disable Bluetooth it works perfectly pointing it towards H6. Just as I said in Kodi does not work the return or exit key. In the Home screen works perfectly. The X7, X8, and X9 IR codes appear to be compatible.

Thanks

Kris likes this.
  8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks Crife60, you solve my X8 mystery issue when I was using the H6. When the H6 was having bluetooth connection issue with the remote, the remote switches to IR mode until it re-establishes the BT connection, thus affected the X8 while in IR mode. I didn't notice the X8 was being controlled because the TV HDMI input was on the H6.

9. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

QQ图片20171020115828.png

Hi, the internal firmware has been supported android tv remote.

10. Thartat

Thartat New Member

Thank you brooo i solve the problem

11. Miles Gonzalez

Miles Gonzalez New Member

Android TV supports to play many media files such as iTunes media files, spotify, audible audiobooks. If you can't play your media files such as spotify, you can follow this tips to fix it. How to play spotify on android tv. Hope this tips can help you solve out your problem. enjoy your day, my friend.