Proposal Android app: Add "Ascending/Descending" to sort

Discussion in 'General Development' started by Jonas Hansen, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

I am using the Zidoo app with the poster wall and one thing I really miss, is the ability to choose if sorting should be ascending or descending.

On the Zidoo I am always sorting movies after modified date so the newest ones are first. But doing this in the app results in the reverse order with all the old movies first and newest last. Having a big library this is basically useless as the scrolling takes a lot of time.

Am I missing some button somewhere or is this just not possible?

2. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

Any inputs? Just tried the "Browser-version" as well, and the problem is the same. Sorting is always Ascending meaning, that the oldest movies are listed first.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - missed this the first time around..

Once you've selected the sort criteria (Poster Name, Rating etc) just press the select button again and this toggles sort order from ascending to descending.

upload_2023-1-19_17-39-40.png upload_2023-1-19_17-40-7.png
    You can do the same with Media Center using the Viewport option in the menu.

4. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

Which app are you using? The Android App does not show anything like this... Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah - I misunderstood - thought you were referring to HT.

However, if you set HT4/Settings/Preferences/Latest Items to "Date Modified" and then go to "Recently Added" in the app it will display as you want it to with latest modified content at the top.

6. Jonas Hansen

Jonas Hansen New Member

Yes, that will solve the issue in the app when I want to have newest first. It is still an issue in the "Browser-view".

And the request would still be valid for things like "Rating" in the app. Always sorting with the most movies at the beginning seems counter-intuitive :) (same applies to year, duration etc)