AMP-F2: Reviews & Feedback

Discussion in 'Eversolo AMP-F2' started by ammar11, Dec 23, 2023.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The Eversolo AMP-F2 has been out for quite a while, I mean we saw reviews for the streamers rather quickly but we still haven’t seen any for this amp yet.

Didn’t Zidoo send review units for this? Not even SoundNews who did a world premier review for the A8?

Aren’t we confident enough for a good feedback?

I would love to do a listening but they don’t have it for demo here in my country.

If anyone found reviews for the F2 please post it here or if you own one kindly let us know what you think.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  2. John Thompson

John Thompson New Member

Hi Its now Jan 14 and although most HIFI outlets have the F2 in stock there is still no feedback/reviews on performance etc. Very strange indeed!

3. Magnus Blom

Magnus Blom New Member

The closest thing to a test iv come across is this one .

John Thompson likes this.
  4. John Thompson

John Thompson New Member

An even closer comparison! audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/starke-sound-fiera4

5. Magnus Blom

Magnus Blom New Member

Isn't that a home cinema test.

6. John Thompson

John Thompson New Member

Yes ,,,,but the Eversolo Amp F2 is identical in terms of construction......only however being half (2 channels) of the Fiera F4. I think the findings are valid and the implications are the F2 will be a decent but not world beating amp if used in a HIFI music set up.

7. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

I have been testing AMP-F2 for 5 days. It's already a bit warm ;-)
    First of all, I listen to music with DMP-A6 MASTER -TIDAL HI-FI MAX MQA. KEF R3 Meta speakers. I won't go into details...
    I wonder if EVERSOLO is planning to release an enriched power amplifier (maybe MASTER) matching the size of the DMP-A6? Maybe with 4 clamps for the columns?
    Now I'm considering buying a second AMP-F2 for Bi-amping + Bi-wiring. I like to experiment. Maybe someone already has such experience 2 x AMP-F2?

8. John Thompson

John Thompson New Member

How does it sound?

9. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

I don't know how to describe this sound. I mainly listen to smooth jazz, Vollenweider, Yani, opera,
    classical music, vocal music and similar. Sometimes Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Mike Silver, Sade and the like....
    I have already listened to other devices Yamaha RN-800A and Denon PMA 900 NHE.
    EVERSOLO is classic. There are not too many high tones, as if a bit muffled... The lower bands are good, the low ones sound good on the KEF R3.
    I downloaded the beta version 1.2.40 and now I can control it a bit with an additional sound equalizer, which is a widget. However, I can't hear any difference when changing the DAC filter settings in XRL.
    The AMP-F2 device itself sounds very pleasant. No unnecessary details or frills, simple connection... Accurately reproduces the sound of the DMP-A6. It is important that the sound comes from a good source, then the AMP-F2 will transmit well to the speakers. With MQA (Hi Res) it is really good. Enough for me. There's not much exaggeration on either the bottom or the top.
    I don't know what else to write.
    That's it for now.

10. John Thompson

John Thompson New Member

Thanks!

11. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Another excellent Eversolo product. Besides, I expected it, I would have been surprised if it wasn't like that. It is a very good amplifier, with a clean sound, I noticed the very good reproduction of the specific sound of the instruments and the full, consistent bass. Setup was DMP-A8, Opera Callas speakers (the first edition, the one with five tweeters), turntable Rega RP 8, cartridge Nagaoka MP 300 and phonostage Simaudio Moon 110. I listened to more vinyl (some very good quality presses) but also some files from a NAS. The first impression is very good, especially since the device is not even run in, the first few hours it sounded a bit rough, but after that the sound improved as if by magic. Congratulations to the Eversolo team, you are extraordinary!

12. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

Now I can boast. I already have the set: DMP-A6 MASTER and two AMP-F2 power amplifiers. Additionally, KEF R3 META loudspeakers. I don't play on BRIDGE settings! I have a bi-amp + bi-wire setup. One AMP-F2 per column. The right channel for tweeters and the left channel for basses. And now it's great. The scene came to life. Beautiful vocals. Deep bass. It feels like a concert. Balanced sound. Maybe a bit more bass than treble. But every brush stroke on the drum cymbal can be heard perfectly. You can feel the smallest detail. The jazz parts are perfect. With MQA from TIDAL, nothing else is needed. I don't have any good local music files, so I won't check, but I don't think I need them. I had various playing modules because I like to test. I think I will stay with EVERSOLO for a longer time. Well, maybe if they made the DMP-A8 in the same size as the DMP-A6, then I would probably buy it... BUT EVERSOLO stays :)

Attached Files:

Dodoni and bogdanozaurus like this.
  13. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Elite Audio UK have a YouTube video review out today on the F2 amp, very positive.

14. Jose Laso

Jose Laso New Member

Here's the Elite Audio review

15. uncola

uncola New Member

Question for the owners. Do you have to turn on any special setting to use the usb to 12v trigger cables? And are the cables mono? I’m trying to use 12v trigger ports of other amps.. the cables I’m trying are usb to 3.5mm stereo tips and the amps trigger inputs are supposed to be 3.3v to 12v compatible but it’s not working and I don’t know why

16. Remik

Remik Member

3.5mm mono

uncola likes this.
  17. Massel

Massel New Member

I have owned the Eversolo DMP A6 since it became available and I am still amazed at the quality and versatility. Sure, the firmware could improve user friendliness and stability but I think eversolo will get it up to truly fulfill its (already great) potential. I bought first one amp-f2 and found the sound very pleasant on all my speakers (mains are Technics SB E100). I added another amp and this even enlarged the stage and gave very good control over the lower end. I tried the equalizer on the DMP a6 but found I did not need to use it at all. Out of the box a very very nicehigh end sounding setup (in a mid sized package!), kudos to Eversolo. In fact I traded in my Musical Fidelity Nu vista Pre and Power 300 and have no regrets so far.

18. uncola

uncola New Member

I tried two different types of usb-a to 3.5mm. one trs and one mono tip and neither worked :(

19. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Cable should be mono. For some amplifiers the trigger input accepted is only 12V. Search the internet for the specifications / user manual of your amplifier (keep in mind that the specifications may differ from MK I to MK II if your amp have several versions) and see exactly what is the accepted voltage

20. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

Have you go this working ?

Are any other forum members owning or looking at the F2 ?