Add on use core zidoo player?

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by JS_racer, May 14, 2022.

1. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Say. Do video add ons use the zidoo player, or the xmbc kodi player?? Box is a z9x
    Haven't played around with it yet. I have a separate kodi install just for add one. But would be nice to use the zidoo player.
    Thanks for your time

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, the Zidoo player is not exposed for external applications to use.

Zidoo have a Kodi port, ZDMC, which although deprecated is still supported on an ad hoc basis as a bonus and that uses the Zidoo player.

Latest version here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

3. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

i misspoke Mark, i found the ZDMC, 19.4 yesterday, that was the version i was thinking, but between my brain, and fingers i had a bit of confusion, lol (have had the older version on the box for a long time now)
    Guessing that's the same deal for the Zidoo player, and zdmc addons ?? it uses the zdmc player, and not the zidoo player ??

hope this sounds better, I just woke up, brain on strike, feeding it coffee, but slow to respond... :)
    have a great day

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Haha! I know that feeling - I've no idea about add-ons I'm afraid - I haven't used ZDMC for a long time and when I did, I never tried any add-ons so you'll have to test and see. I suspect you're right, but no harm trying.

5. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Ok there seems to-be lots of confusion regarding ZDMC and "internal" player and Zidoo player. I guess i will write a separate guide on this to clear things up, now that i have my hands on an actual z9x.

In short ZDMC uses the internal player if the special "external player" option is enabled in the UI, you get the exact same player that HT 4.0 gets, with all functions. The main issue is that the integration between ZDMC and the internal player is not fully feature complete, so it just hands over very basic information to get the file playing. As example no resume position, "fully watched" state is handled. It also seems no title name or subtitle/audio preferences are exchanged.
    I try to see if i can fix some of the issues, but not sure how cooperative the Zidoo devs are regarding adding missing API features.

PS: Just to make something clear, the "internal" VS10 player is fully exposed and registered with normal Android player "Activity Intents" in the system, so any APP can use the player.
    Its just that since there is no API documentation on it, no extra data exchange can happen for a seamless integration, similar to what HT can do.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    nc88keyz likes this.