A6 or (Z8 + PC) ? What about web Radios ?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Moxalain, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ Hello¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

I own a Z8 and am very happy with it. I use a "Fanless PC" to stream Tidal, Qobuz and web radios.
    It seems the "A6" would advantageously replace the Z8+PC .
    And an application allowing all control (which is not the case in my current configuration).
    My unanswered questions:

-1- The Dac of the Z8 (ES9038Pro) is "theoretically" superior to 2 x ES9038Q2M.
    Who has tested both? Z8 vs A6 or Pro vs 2 x Q2m?
    The music is better Z8 or A6 ?

-2- Have those who use web radios encountered any difficulties? I sold my HifiRose because it was far too complicated to use.
    If someone can insert a video showing how to favorite a web-radio ...

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸ Best regards¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ther-knowhow-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    Chapter-10

There is also a Master Gold Edition being sold. It uses dual top class Accusilicon Femto crystals and OPA1612 op-amps replacing the OPA1642 used for the regular DMP-A6. Next to this a few cosmetic changes are made to reflect the special gold status.

The DMP-A6 included DAC is very close to the DAC-Z6. The Master Gold edition upgrade does not make it a full DAC-Z8 equivalent regarding HW builds.
    The differences e.g. between Eversolo DAC-Z6 and DAC-Z8 are more significant including additional swapping the 2x ES9038Q2M for the ES9038 PRO version and having more advanced analog circuitry. The Zidoo Neo X and Neo Alpha are very close to the DAC-Z8 (Neo X even regarded superior by me including the headphone AMP).

Keep in mind differences are really small pointed out very well by multiple reviews. For casual listening to the average album differences won't be heard in practice.

The latest FW update includes several Internet radio station programs. Others can be sideloaded.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  3. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

Thank you for the link that I had read (and which does not answer my questions :().

So let me clarify with an example:
    I listen to radioparadise which exists in 5 qualities (Low, Med, High, Ultra and Flac).
    With the HifiRose, by default it was ultra (MP3 320).
    To have it in flac it was necessary to enter letter by letter all the link to reach it.
    I sold it, you had to be an engineer to use it !

How to know the quality (or choose it) on the A6?

4. Nice Monkey

I hope I answered the first question. ;)
    I will try Radio Paradise as it is now bundled.

5. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

Yeesssssssss.
    Yes, I forgot to tell you, I understood that on paper, the ESS Pro is better than two ESSQ2M but my ears will not hear the difference :D

Thanks for taking the time to look RadioParadise ;)

6. Nice Monkey

I am not so sure I can. Never could compare identical DAC's with just the different chip. But the total difference between a Z6 or Z8 is easy to spot. Crystals is what I hear clearly.

For Radio Paradise: Go to Settings=> Audio => select rate for WiFi.
    Nice APP with movies in background.

7. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

Thank you so much.

On my PC I know I have access to quality Radioparadise (Low, Med ...)
    On the HifiRose, you had to enter the link letter by letter.
    I understood that I can have access to the quality of radioparadise via the A6, right ?
    This is very good news and I will buy it soon.

Yes, www.radioparadise.com is really great. I listen all the time except when I want to listen a particular track (on Tidal or my flac SSD).

Have a nice day
    from Bordeaux (France)
    Alain

8. videogamedrome

videogamedrome New Member

Has anyone found a version of iHeartRadio that works on the A6? I tried a bunch and none worked.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Examining the network traffic in the browser's developer tools I found this stream for "Takin' a walk" podcast; see if it works:

https://dcs.megaphone.fm/BRCM644499...43e49044-7e14-44af-97f6-af0bb6d04f2c&source=6

You can do it yourself, it's not that difficult; question is, are those "key", "source", etc. going to remain the same...? or change every day / hour...?

10. Inti

Inti Active Member

Is there any way to get vTuner radio on to the A6