a lot of kodi add-ons not usable

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by grummel2005, Dec 28, 2015.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

i do not understand what you mean :(

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    the v15.2 kodi team disable most no certification addons, and we will porting the v16.0 to slove this problem.

3. grummel2005

okai - when do you think this is on air to us?
    some of my friends want to buy it and others want to give it back - so as i

4. nice159

nice159 Active Member

1.0.27 Zidoo Kodi, p2p-streams work fine. And SportsDevil work fine. Why did you install Kodi from Playstore? Remove Ace player and install only Acestream engine. Look at my previous post.

5. krio

krio New Member

could you please post configuration screenshot or file, aboute acestream and sopcast? where can i find log file?

6. mike21

mike21 New Member

Just received my x6 and setting kodi, I can't install any addons, and the solution given here to install an additional app just to be able to install addons is non-sense.

Can someone tell me how to install kodi addons without having to install an additional app, otherwise the x6 is going back in the box and back to Amazon 1st thing Monday

I'm using the latest firmware

7. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

maybe you can try this:http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

8. nice159

nice159 Active Member

I'll put some screenshots tomorrow.

9. mike21

mike21 New Member

Ok, so I installed the fusion repo and even ran the wizard, some addons installed by default of course because of the wizard, all other add-on listed don't install with a message "failed to install ....."

I have a beelink R89 and a NUC running openelec, my point is that I'm not new to this,

The fact that I can install kodi from playstore by itself is beyond me, if you want to have a custom kodi bundled with zidoo at least get the basics right.

Any other suggestions?????

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We just optimization hardware decode,Did not change anything, based on the standard KODI.
    can't install any add ons were impossible.Must have missed something.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  11. grummel2005

no add-on installing here not possible too
    so as for massive bunch of people in german forum

again - for new firmware please chest minumim for back-up app in kodi - so we can save and reload settings

12. mike21

mike21 New Member

so no been able to install any addons in kodi defeats the purpose of purchasing this box, any last suggestions before I send it back?

not sure whats is meant by "must have missed something" whether is on the dev part or the customer

13. mirror

We are checking this issus.

14. mirror

15. mike21

mike21 New Member

I have been able to install kodi 16 by deleting the kodi shipped witht the box, also all the suggestions by tech support involve adding repos some of which work ok some don't instead of addressing the issue, the fallacy that team kodi has ban the repos is non sense, same channels can be found on the 2 repos suggested by tech support.
    With kodi 16 and spmc audio has issues.

whats the reason to have hard coded repos into your version of kodi, I should be able to delete any repos I want, instead even when adding fusion from tvaddons still gives errors when trying to install most addons.

Any suggestions on how to get addons working with the shipped version of kodi?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  16. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@nice159 and @spring I've read a lot about not using acestream on Android boxes because the nature of p2p streaming is that it constantly overwrites the NAND memory and shortens it's life considerably because Android boxes have so little of it to begin with, what are your recommendations on this?

17. fdishy

fdishy Member

Grummel 2005,
    What kind of box did you use before Zidoo? Were you happy with it? I sold Tronsmarts and 14 out of 30 crashed for no reason at all. The Android and the Kodi were both gone completely. I had to use 3rd party firmware Finless Bob Rom 2.1 to be able to load Kodi again. I have not had a single Zidoo break down yet. I had one that the blue led does not light up but the box runs fine. The distributor is offering me Tronsmarts for almost 50% off just to get rid of them in lots of 20. I think you should be thankful that this ZDMC works so good. I wish my Kodi ran that good. I see your posts are old and hope your problems are all solved now. I don't see any problems other than I had to load one box with back up with my USB flash drive. I always keep copies of stuff like that on my PC. I don't even remember what brand box that was I did that with? It may or may not have been a Kodi? I am still repairing the Tronsmarts from 2 years ago for free and at a great loss including shipping to be loyal to my customers. I am loading them with SPMC 16.2 and they run great with Finless Bob Rom 2.1. I think the Zidoo team did a great job with their ZDMC 16.0 and I have read they will release 16.1 this week. Kodi still has not finalized 16.1 yet. As far as returning box's after you bought them I don't know anyone who gives returns on items after 3 rd party software has been loaded in them. I don't know why they should give anyone a refund unless the box was DOA. You did not buy it at Walmart did you? You bought it with the intention of loading third party software like everyone else. How much did it cost and how much has it saved you compared to cable/satellite bills by now. I know I will buy another faster bigger better one next year but for this year my box has already paid for itself. How many years do you expect the X6 to be state of the art? My experience and 35 years of selling satellites before these boxes says about 6 months to one year and its time to upgrade and sell your old one while it is still worth something. Just my 2 cents after reading so many negative comments about Zidoo. I want some people to read that I have sold many X6 Pros and without a single failure and when I write Zidoo and ask them a question they get right back to me with the answer. I think Kodi is at fault for most of these current problems. Everything ran smoother when it was XBMC. That is why I use SPMC 16.2 on my other brands that accept official Kodi upgrades. It was written by the original writer. While Kodi has not finalized 16.1 he has already released 16.2.

nakata and bigpoppapaul like this.