6.3.2G info problem

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boxerfan, May 16, 2021.

1. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Am using ZDMC, not HT4, if that helps replicate the issue…

I was playing normal 720p h265 mkv content. The clip plays fine from start to finish, so it isn’t a content problem.

Clearly something is wrong with zidoo info code. When “more” is clicked, it seems to be looking for something that it cannot find,… i think zidoo should check out the code and figure out under which conditions the code will wait and show the circle turning logo, and then under which conditions nothing will ever come back… that should be the root cause.

If it is retrieving info from the mkv file, it should not hang. If it is retrieving info from internet or some other sources, then those are the areas to check…

Anyways, i just report for zidoo to look into it.

Not a critical bug, i can just don’t bother to use the info button…it’s just a tiny irritation…

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  4. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Tested same clip, and a few other shows, 720 x265, feom Media Center this time, exact same bug. After clicking “more” the center panel will pop up, video playback is paused, that circle logo spins , and hangs..

I found out by clicking info button again, the info panel will disappear, then video playback will resume .

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Still no joy replicating this - I didn't have any 720p x265 files so I found one and tried that - again, the extended info screen came up fine...

It must be a file inconsistency.

6. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

With Mark's advise, copied the media to USB, played back from USB, info-more works fine. Over SMB it hangs.

Factory reset the unit, re-tested, same same. On USB works fine, over SMB it hangs.

I suppose it's over to dev.