50i and 60i Video Files are stuttering

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by blasiusx, Oct 19, 2017.

1. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

In the Media Center Playback is very well, all files looks smooth. Instead of 50i and 60i Interlaced Videos. The Frame Rate is corrected to 25 and 30 fps. Mostly example MTS streams. We have many of this from vacation.

Isn't it possible to correct the Framerate of 50i is played in 50fps and 60i in 60fps ?! This looks beautiful, and then the playback is very smooth. Mostly of the Media Players do this, to ensure a smooth Playback.

If i change always manually the Display to 1080 50p or 1080 60p, the Interlaced Video Files runs smooth, too. The FPS didn't reduce to 25 and 30 fps.

Or is there a Solution ?!

And, there is no correctly assignment basicly of MTS Streams in Media Center (Explorer), up to now, with the Zidoo X9s and newest Firmware 1.4.12. The MTS (H.264) had no "Movie" Icon in the List, and they couldn't be played in "Repeat" Mode. Single Play Mode runs very good.

Is there a Solution / Workaround, too ?!

burton likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It's called de-interlacing for which multiple technologies exist. Some players used to offer even a method choice in the past. Essential also for DVD playback. Did not re-test de-interlacing since a long time as I got most of my DVD's on BD by now. Apparently still not implemented, but yes makes a real difference.

3. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Where in the Zidoo Media Center or Player Menu exists Deinterlacing ?! ;)

No, the Originals looks very beautiful and run smooth. On all Devices like PC, Software Players and external Devices. Also in interlaced.

The 50i and 60i interlaced videos run on EVERY player that supports BD disc, absolutely clean and soft. Also the individual MTS clips. Eceptly, on the Zidoo, if Automatic FPS is working and the basicly setting is on "Automatic".

I know almost no device where 50i is given in 25fps and 60i in 30fps. All Devices always rendered Interlaced Sources in 50fps and 60fps. Also my older Media Players, like Mede8er 600X3D, and Dune TV-303D.

My older Smart TV, too. ;)

I will not convert the original to any case.

And, you are right. It makes a VERY GREAT Difference, if the Playback is 50fps or 25fps.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    burton likes this.
  4. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

With autoframerate it will never work with zidooplayer. Just disable external player in settings or buy 30 dollar rpi3 with native kodi (linux) for you and all your family. Better choice .

5. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

With ZDMC 17.4 and internal Kodi Players it runs with autoframe rate, but the Hardware Support for 4K Videos isn't present anymore. Only, with External Player :(

I'm waiting for a MTS Video File Fix for Zidoo, and then i buy 5 new devices. Otherwise the device is top, and above all easy to handle and adjust. I do not want to fumble or experiment. Above all, it must be easy for the whole family and friends. And these are the Zidoo devices.

6. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

You can wait a long...long...very long time.
    If you really advise to use zidoo box to friends i guess you knowlegde of mediaplayers is not great.
    Ow wait...kodi has stopped......

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

We Will see...thank you for your opinion...;)

8. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Well you just have to do alot of explaining...
    Why did you advise the only box in the world that can not properly display internal utf8 subtitles.
    A box that can not handle aac 5.1 passthrough.
    A box that can not display 16.9 dvd, but only as 4.3.
    A box that has flashing pgs subtitles in bluray.
    A box that can not use proper bluray menu.
    A box that play movies with dd 5.1 (web-dl) with stuttering every 15 minutes.
    A box that can not show hevc movies with the right color range.
    A box were kodi stops at most movie starts.
    Ect....etc....etc....

Pls do your homework and dont let other people make the same mistake as we did.

hoplitas likes this.
  9. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

You make the device worse than it is. Other devices have even more problems, I have even tested an expensive Zappiti 4K HDR, and with which hardly worked properly. Network transmission 4K jerky with too much data load, constantly wrong image formatting, no NFS, exchanged buttons to use, etc. Of the Himedias not to mention, that is only meaningless fumbling, and the updates make everything there only worse. And everything runs with Kodi, which is always updated to death.

In any case, it does not make the others any better. The Egreat A5, which I had here, had constantly mains grids, and it was a farce to configure the whole. Despite nice surface. In addition, he always hung up when switching off.

The Zidoo runs out-of-the-box for me as the first mediaplayer satisfactory. Because it has a simple playback surface and a reasonable operation, the other devices is simply missing. The network connection is great class, but a praise. And the errors that are there can and should be corrected.

The basis is from my point of view, which can be built on it. The mistake many people make is to incorporate an infinite number of functions. You should optimize the existing one before making many changes.

Zidoo certainly has a lot of work to do. I hope they do it and wait for what the next firmware does.

If not, I can still think about the whole thing.

So, Zidoo developer, I hope you have been innovative and give more gas to fix the errors. ;):D

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

dude, what box/firmware/drugs are you using ?

11. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I understand a very little bit the frustration...

I am also annoyed by the missing, full MTS support, or the incorrect frame rates with interlaced videos and MKV videos (with AVC H.264 codec).

Have sent Emails to the Support, but no answer from them.

A few operations could be improved, especially if "Repeat All" is activated and the IR Skip button does not have to jump to the next video automatically if there are no chapters in the video. To do this, you need to troubleshoot the Player GUI.

This is however for me still no reason, the equipment bad to make. It is definitely not, and for me, for a long time with the most positive on the Android market. The errors are there, I think however the can be solved.

I think you should give Zidoo a chance. I'll do it anyway. ;)

12. klinsmn

klinsmn New Member

The deinterlacing of X9S is pretty poor, even below average level.
    It is easy to get this conclusion with so many test pattern of pro test bluray disk.

13. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I understand you are defending your boss , but this player is really bad comparing to native Raspberry kodi use. I never saw kodi has stopped on that but every movie start on zidoo box give that result. All other flaws are already mentioned.
    I just hope those Chinese scriptkiddies will finally hire professionals to write stable firmware.
    If they are not able to do that due to less sales, please go bankrupt and stop ripp off more people.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You must be high,I don't work for/with zidoo.

15. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Haha...no i am not high, and i know you dont work for zidoo.
    Its just a little frustation for me that things that worked good before now for months are not working.
    Only that makes steam come out of my ears sometimes.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Some of them should work perfectly, i mean " A box that can not use proper bluray menu. " ??? zidoo has one of the best, if not the best, bluray menu ( for normal bluray's ) on the market at this moment. That's just one example, i'd say try a complete OS re flash and see if playback get's better.

17. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I only have 3d blurays and they are not working. Press play in 3d will always (all my 3d blurays) result in 2d.
    Just play (without menu ) works, but those flashing and stutters in subtitles also not ok.

18. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

The BluRay Menus are very good....but why the Video Player stay at the Menu "Frame rate" and didn't change to the correct Frame Rate of the Main Movie ?! The problem occurs with all self-made BD movies, whether in 50i, 60i or 50p and 60p. Only the 24p films are running at the correct frame rate.

I would like to use the BD Menus, but with not working frame rate of the main movie, it makes no sense for me. That's why I watch all movies without the menu. They will be played at the correct frame rate.