3D right eye first autoswitching

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mattmarsden, Feb 17, 2022.

1. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Is there any way to get automatic right eye switching? It doesn’t read the flag in mkvs but wondered if it could do it through file naming like my old Dune did.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

That would be a nice feature to have....to not have to pull up the menu and scroll to flip eye view option....luckily the number of titles that are actually right eye first is relatively limited.

Media Info does identify these titles in its descriptions...maybe something could be programmed to play the title with the eye view reversed when HT reads Right Eye First upon its initial scan? But, most likely not worth the effort at this point with new 3D titles being virtually nonexistent at this point.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Luckily the number of players that do not recognize & honour mkv video stereomode headers is very limited.

It's indeed a pity that Zidoo still is struggling to properly read/handle certain flags, headers and tags in both audio- and video media. I usually astray from mentioning other brands, but there are devices, some of them quite old, that don't have these issues (anymore). Hopefully Zidoo's to-do list shows a number of them.

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Really? The only hardware player that I know of is the PCH A-500 series. What other players support it?

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

+1 .. ya... IME, every other media player that I have owned have also failed to read the right eye first flag and then automatically reverse the eye view.

6. mattmarsden

All the Popcorn Hours that do 3D can do it as can the Vero 4K. The Dunes can do it through filename tags.

7. mattmarsden

@mirror is there any chance of this being implemented?