3D MVC on Z10 plays perfect, on Z10 Pro it stutters

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Fire, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Fire

Fire New Member

Hi all,

Last week, I've received a new 4K projector with 3D capabilities, and on a 150" screen I thought that would be a perfect combination.

Then I've found out about MVC, and about the Shield shortcoming..

So I did a quick research and, well I thought I've ordered a Z10 Pro, but I ordered a Z10. Oops..
    In the meantime I've ordered a new Z10 PRO, and I did some testing wether of not the Z10 is stable at playing 3D MVC files.

Which it does, completely 100% stable.

Today I've received the Z10 Pro, it's up to date with software. But from time to time during playback it
    stutters unfortunately.
    What can I do to fix this, or is this a known problem?
    The weird thing is that the older version is completely stable.

2. Fire

Fire New Member

I used HT4 or the file browser during playback to compare.
    Every 3D movie shutters on the Pro on the old model it works.
    If the Pro can play it shutter free this is the perfect device. I really like HT4.
    Who can help me? Otherwise I need to send the Pro back, and look for a cheaper solution for playing 3D MVC. The Z10 only for 3D is not ideal.

3. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

4. Fire

Fire New Member

Yes I use a NFS share. But I don’t have this problem when I’m streaming a 4K HFR file. I only have problems when I want to play a 3D MVC file. I experience multiple hickups. Also at the same time, so after I go back, and play the same scene it happens again.
    within 5 minutes 4 or 5 times. You simply cannot watch the movie.
    And it happens in all movies. While the Z10 can play them without any problem.

5. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay sounds like a different problem because the SMB stutters are more random and don't happen at the same scenes like that.

Are you playing files back made with makemkv (3D blu ray to MVC mkv). Or are you playing back MVC in iso format? I don't have this problem with MVC mkv I am using the Z9X. I can test some iso files later.

Might be worth trying to playback file locally with USB disk though just to rule that out.

6. Fire

Fire New Member

The files I play are in iso format. I can try to see what it does when I'm playing it from a USB disk. I'll update the result.

7. Fire

Fire New Member

I’m very happy to report that having the iso on a USB connected drive solved it .

It’s a workaround for now. I now know that he’s able to play 3D MVC very smoothly. Hopefully the developers can fix the (buffer?) issues via NFS with a future update.
    The Z10 is able to stream all ISO’s via NFS

8. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Good hopefully it will be fixed soon. I did watch a 3D iso over SMB tonight and it had a couple of small freezes with the newest test firmware but it's getting better.