21:9 monitors/Ultrawide monitors: How to use the Zidoo with these monitors?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alex Philip, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Alex Philip

Alex Philip New Member

I am considering getting a 21:9 monitor to play 2.35:1 movies. How will the UHD3000 and/or the Z1000 Pro unit would work with this monitor?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is a 2.35:1 mode but it either widens the existing GUI or crops it depending what option you choose - there isn't a separate 'scope GUI.

Since you'll no doubt be using 1.85/1.78 material too you might be better using the display's AR options rather than the Zidoo's.

Personally I'd question the sense in a 21:9 screen in the same way I question CIH screens - in both cases you lose a huge amount of screen real estate for the same width when viewing 1.85/1.78 content - in the case of projection, CIW makes a whole lot more sense, in the case of TVs, because black is generally pretty black (as opposed to projection where black is white) it makes more sense to stick with the widest 16:9 screen you can fit in. Just my 10c.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023