1.2.44_BETA/1.2.74_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2024.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:Since v1.2.40
    1. Optimized Squeeze Connect cover display.
    2. Improved ROON Squeeze Connect connection.
    3. Enhanced REPLAY GAIN display.
    4. Optimized the history queue feature.
    5. Optimized seamless playback function
    6. Added automatic hiding of the navigation bar for third-party applications.(Settings-Display-Automatically hide navigation bar)
    7. Improved USB DAC compatibility.
    8. Addressed occasional display issues with output sampling rates during optical output.
    9. Added support for obtaining audio information from SACD via XML files.
    10. Optimized the UPnP scanning function.
    11. Enhanced playback stability.

Control APP
    IOS: v1.0.91
    Android: v1.12.01 (Support Android tablet horizontal screen display)

DMP-A6
    v1.2.44_Beta
    http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.44/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.44_Beta_202401191917_ota-package.zip
    MD5: E07EF01B1788B029648AD62399432029

DMP-A8
    v1.2.74_Beta
    http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A8/v1.2.74/DMP-A8_R_v1.2.74_Beta_202401192015_ota-package.zip
    MD5: FE52B0C279A82168EB45040C56ECD207

2. Tidad

Tidad New Member

Horizontal screen display on Android tablets? THANK YOU for getting that done, I'm going to go play some music

TheGovnah likes this.
  3. The 1.2.70 was more stable...after i install the 1.2.74 i have serius problems and i am very sad with this update!I bought a brand new Samsung 2T 980 nvme disk and with the version 1.2.70 everything was great....now with the 1.2.74 and after 15-20 minutes i loose the connection with my A8.Several times disconect from my router and 3-4 times i reinstall the mobile app to make it work.....i think that you must change this new beta version with something more stable with the A8.An i am not only me with such problems!Its your obligation to your customers.....you make us happy with your devices but now some of us we are not....thank you !

4. Can i reinstall the version 1.2.74 and install it again?

5. Tidad

Tidad New Member

You might try using a fixed IP address; I have read of a few folks w connection issues fixing them this way.

Vladislav mavraganis likes this.
  6. I don't know how to do it but I can ask a technician ...thank you for your answer my friend!

7. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

You need to do this at your router, reserving an IP address for your device.

8. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I could. Even though it has the same file name it would install again.

Not sure if the files are actually different, though…

9. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Hello
    After update I noticed two things:
    - The DSD files with a high rate (128, 256) that I have on a NAS, there are short interruptions (less than a second), before I did not notice this problem. The folder is mapped using the NFS service
    - I have the impression that the sound quality is a little better, I couldn't say what has improved, but that's how it seems to me.

10. Bergholdt

When listening to Qobuz and having the spectrum mode on (full screen) and outputting via XLR, I have had a few times where music has stopped and the A8 screen goes to the front screen.

I can start the music again and change to spectrum mode view but it happens again after a few tracks or sometimes it takes a few albums before it happens again…

Haven’t tested with other music sources, so it might not just be happening with Qobuz (or only with spectrum mode on).

1.2.74_beta and IOS 1.0.91 (DSP is turned on). Will test other sources/screen modes/DSP off…

11. Saman Edirisinghe

Saman Edirisinghe New Member

I am an owner of a DMP-A8. After updating to 1.2.70_Beta I experienced significant drop in sound quality, lost out on the amazing sound experience we had with 1.2.60 official release. Has anyone else from the forum have had the same experience?
    I definitely prefer v1.2.60, which remains in the sphere of rich, warm midrange, which highlights the vocals and gives pleasure from long listening. Instrument separation was excellent together with the large sound stage and well textured details without making your ears tired. I find that the 1.2.70_Beta to be the quite the opposite and the sound quality has become pretty ordinary.

For those who would prefer to get back to 1.20.60 official release, is there a way to do this?
    Hope Eversolo engineers will take notice of this issue and correct the firmware or let us get back to 1.2.60 until the corrected new official release is available.

System: Eversolo DMP-A8> Yamaha RN2000A> KEF R7 (non Meta)

@mirror for your kind attention please.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  12. Jjb067 is correct. Just get the MAC address from the info panel on the A8. Then find it listed in the DHCP clients in the router and just assign a static IP for it. Refer to your particular router manual for steps if needed.

Vladislav mavraganis and Nutul like this.
  13. I will try it my friend and i hope to be ok with this...thank you dear Signal...hahaha

14. Chiller61

Chiller61 New Member

I've updated my A-8, Roon doesn't find the player on the network even though squeezebox support has been enabled. Any ideas. Both the A8 and Roon server have been rebooted

15. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

You should activate Squeeze connect on A8 too

16. Chiller61

Chiller61 New Member

Thanks for your response - I couldn't seem to find a place to do that in the A8 software. Can you tell me where I'd find that setting please?

17. Bergholdt

I think this is it. A8 home screen then ‘Streaming’ then scroll all the way down.

IMG_0283.jpeg

18. Chiller61

Chiller61 New Member

Thanks, I have found it. The Squeeze connect logo wasn't showing on my remote (s). I had to find it on the DMP A8 screen. Thanks again!

19. Anøtek

Anøtek New Member

Just to point out that since the 1.2.74 update this afternoon, on all the music played from the internal player, there are little hiccups, micro-cuts/skips in the music, which is not at all pleasant:(

20. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

@Saman Edirisinghe As I said above, for me it was exactly the opposite, a small improvement. Bizarre

@Anøtek The same problem, but only with DSD files with a high rate stored on a NAS. The rest, including DSD 64, are heard very well. In your case, do you have problems with all the files? Where are they stored?