Feedback Zidoo X9S,,,Quick Review (FW 1.4.6)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by OlivierQC, Jul 13, 2017.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I came on the forum.

Last night I installed the fw 1.4.6 and I did some quick tests.

I am very impressed by the work of the team zidoo, some problems that I had before disappeared, and new functions have emerged.

I did not try the zdmc 17.3

I only use their home theater app

I only use MKV / ISO / BDMV (1080p / UHD)

---------------

My equipment

Sony 65X930C (HDMI enhanced)
    Onkyo 656 (4k/hdcp 2.2/HDR)
    Cable Monster Ultra HD Platinum
    Focal dome 5.1.2 ou 7.1 according to the tests
    NAS personal cloud / SMB
    HDD WD Red 3TO
    Wired Gigabit Ethernet

----------------

I also have the following devices

Zidoo X8
    Egreat A5 and A10
    Himedia Q10 pro
    Nvidia Shield TV

----------------

My first impression

The HDMI 2.0 standard is respected

The problem of cut of sound or image with some demos UHD are resolved

The box switches with the correct parameters according to the video format

The blu ray menu works properly (ISO 2D and 3D)

Their home theater work properly, i like their filter system, we find the movie we want very quickly

----------------

Videos

----------------

Note:

My receiver Onkyo 656 takes a few seconds to switch to the right frequency, It's almost instantaneous when I plug the Zidoo directly to my Sony TV.

----------------

to be continued...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    boblo likes this.
  2. OlivierQC

Hello all,

I continue the update of my review with the X9s (FW 1.4.6)

--------------------

Bluray Region code

I checked if the bluray Region option works and it works properly.

--------------------

Atmos and DTS X

I checked the Atmos and DTS X soundtrack with UHD movies (BDMV) and everything works fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------

VP9 video

There are always stuttering with my demo Astra UHD 60Hz

--------------------

The AUTO HDMI option

It does not work regardless of the resolution of the movie (1080p for example) it chooses resolution 2160p

[​IMG]

For my part it does not matter.

I tested on my Sony 4k 65 '' a picture in 1080p and 2160p and I see no real difference and if there is one, it is not siginficative in my case.

I have to look at the image has 1 foot of the screen the texture of the hat between 1080p and 2160p and for me it is the same sharpness So I can use the following options with my zidoo : 2160p60 / 10Bit / AUTO

[​IMG]

--------------------

ISO 3D

Everything works like the first day and the blu ray menu works

--------------------

Subtitle

There is still some problem with some subtitle but nothing serious in my opinion.

--------------------

To be continued...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    pcristi, boblo and HaoSs like this.
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks for your feedback.

4. OlivierQC

Hello Mirror,

I'm glad to see you again,

I allow myself to make a new review because the problem with multimedia boxes testing is that the tests on the website or on the forums are done with a box and FW who are still young and full of bugs, so it is good to do a new review a few months later to see the progress.

The best review in my opinion are those of HDMKV, but I try to bring some of my little experience to the current and future buyer of the Zidoo.

Have nice day
    OlivierQC

5. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

Great review my friend ;)

For me, with the FW 1.4.6, my box don't turned off !!
    I am obliged to turned off with the back button. With remote control it's not possible.
    The time remains displayed and The box doesn't want to restart....

6. ragico

ragico Member

Why for Atmos and DTS X the screens you posted refer to Egreat A10?

7. OlivierQC

Hello Ragico,

ouppss I forgot to change the name of the hdmi output of my receiver... I'll do it tonight.

thanks Ragico,

8. OlivierQC

Hello Mumakil,

it's weird, i use the remote control and I have 3 choices that appears on the screen including the one for turn off the box.

-------------------------

about ''The time remains displayed'' i can not answer you, I do not use the VFD.
    I think a person from the zidoo team will be able to answer your question

see you

9. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

I have 3 choices also, but the problem rest the same....
    It's not very important, i wait the next FW.

See you in other forum ;)

Thanks

10. boblo

boblo Member

@OlivierQC: Thanks for your tests. You have a private conversation, please participate.

11. OlivierQC

Hello all,

The UHD (BDMV) movies play correctly, but it's weird to have the option to choose the menu blu ray.

[​IMG]

It does not work or is not yet supported... it can be confusing to have the choice.

See you

12. OlivierQC

Hello,

I just tested an iso ( DVD / 4:3 /480P ), i did not have any problems.

[​IMG]

see you

13. OlivierQC

Hello

I used the scan with a documentary series MKV ( 6 episodes UHD HDR) and ISO (1080p / 2 disks).

Everything works fine

see you

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  14. boblo

boblo Member

Olivier, could you perform some Hi-res audio tests? I'm curious about DSD/SACD ISO file playback. Also how do 24-bit/192kHz FLAC files sound on this box? I'm just curious... thanks.

15. OlivierQC

Hello boblo,

I do not know anything about it,

I found the following sample on this link : http://www.2l.no/hires/

i tested them and the sound is good (I used the zidoo app music) But this does not exceed 48 kHz.
    This is a limitation of android if i do not make mistake.

see you

16. boblo

boblo Member

I've heard that nuplayer does not have this limitation. Furthermore, it seems Google Play Music does not have this limitation because uses internally nuplayer. Do you know something about this?

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

hdmi out set to "Auto" will be support 192 kHZ

18. boblo

boblo Member

Now or in the future? I didn't understand your statement. And what about optical output? I think it can support up to 96kHz.
    Also I've heard that nuplayer does not have this limitation. Furthermore, it seems Google Play Music does not have this limitation because uses internally nuplayer. Could you tell us something about this?

bodyzen likes this.
  19. Coruja3D

Coruja3D New Member

Hi @OlivierQC thanks for your posts and enthusiasm for the Zidoo! I've found your posts on avforums helpful too (BTW I lived in Canada - west coast - for a few years -it's a beautiful country :) )

Can I ask, did you ever try either Avatar or Epic 3D ISO using the full blu-ray menu option? I've updated to the latest firmware 2.0.15 on my X9S but still having the following problems with these. Maybe just issue with my system...
    • Avatar - does not switch to 3D reliably; does not switch to 3D for either of initial 2 message screens (about putting your 3D glasses on etc), then DOES switch to 3D for the 20th century fox "Tadaa!" bit. Then drops out of 3D when you get to the top menu - bummer :(
      • A few times I got it to stay in 3D mode (but not since updating to latest FW), but then dropped out when going back to top menu
      • seems to play ok in 3D mode when playing just the main track (by-passing menus)
    • Epic - switches to 3D but eyes are wrong way round. Have to use the option to switch main eye in 3D options menu then looks ok (found this with a few other titles too - will need to recheck which). BUT when you get to the main menu screen this just plays continually but no menu commands come up. They are in a 3D 'layer' in front of menu background video but it seems Ziddo is not reading this. So you're stuck on the Top menu with now way forward - bummer :(
      • again plays ok in 3D playing just the main track (by-passing menus)
    Both ISO's play perfectly in PowerDVD16 on my HTPC so seems they are OK copies.

20. OlivierQC

Hello Coruja3D,

I do not have this videos right now, but I will check on my side this week end with one of the 2 movies you are talking about.

see you