Beta version v1.0.86 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Really? Why? They had broken it with 0.85 (so it was not due to some changes at the data source side), so they should exactly know how to fix it.

2. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

UHD5000, save settings, hard reset, install v1.0.86, hard reset, setup - everything is perfect)

WRBreland likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

So after this update are most people happy with the playback quality and reliability? On a scale of 1 - 10 how much of a Playback performance do you think it gives over the Z9X?
    Thank you.

4. sandyj

sandyj Member

Whats your process to do this I have not done a hard reset before ?

5. jt5298

jt5298 Member

6. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

hard reset - restoring factory settings

gymnos likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I'm still getting 2 or 3 hard drives not recognized every time I turn on the box... I have to unplug my hub and turn it back on for them to show up properly. Also no matter what I watch after the first episode or a movie, it will always go to a black screen, then crash. I really mean that it does not matter. I've tried watching an episode of a show, and that time it works, but then I have tried watching an episode of a different show (I've tried 6 different shows, but It will not work the second time, it does not matter if it's 1080p, 4k, HDR, Dolby Vision, WEB-DL they will all crash if they are the second file being played. I can count on one hand how many times it has actually played the second file out of hundreds of times.

Edit: ok I tried leaving it after turning it on to see if the problem was the length between no activity and that is why the second show or movie will never work, and guess what? If I turn on the machine and let it sit long enough, it won't play anything! not even the first file. it does not matter what hard drive it's on.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  9. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

Have you tried watching from a flashdrive? If it works with a flashdrive but not a harddrive, you may have a problem with delivery e.g. not enough power or others.

10. Nicholas Hewitt

That should not be an issue cause all my hard drives have their own power supply and so do my USB hubs. I've also upgraded the Z9x Pros power supply. This exact same setup worked for years on my regular Z9X. I ordered a pair of USB hubs with no power supply coming in a week. So hopefully it will fix it. Though I doubt it.

11. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

Hi, thats why i avoided powered usb hubs, cause most of them will mess up the wake up/sleep calls. Here is my setup and works perfectly with z9x pro

4x 20 TB WD elements extrernal hard drives connected to Anker 4-port powerless usb3 hub connected to the back port of zidoo.
    Here is the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L32B9C2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anker is not a bad brand, and this thing is super cheap.

All the hard drives wakeup when zidoo boots up. If i watch a show in one hard drive the others go to sleep, when i watch sth from another drive it wakes up and the others go to sleep. Basically everything working as it should. That means that the wakeup/sleep commands are all respected and passed properly.

xskip likes this.
  12. Nicholas Hewitt

Yes, but like I said, it was working fine on the older model and I have 13 16-20 tb hard drives plugged in.

13. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

My plan when i get to your numbers is to get the 7-port hub and if i need more i will start plugging more 7-ports to the USB2 ports on the side.
    Just go with powerless Anker, they do the job. Try it at least, and if it doesn't work then at least you know its a problem with your zidoo box. Cause like i said it is working absolutely fine in my case

14. Nicholas Hewitt

I already ordered two and I'm very familiar with anker. Instead I got a different one that was on sale for $6 for two of them, and they are the exact same ones that Amazon sells for $16 each. I'm not wasting money on better brands that fo the same thing. My two powered USB hubs cost $60 each cause they were apparently the best. I'll find out if the new USB hubs fix my problem. But at least you have given me hope that it may fix it. Although zidoo claimed that there was an issue with the Z9X Pro with recognizing hard drives. Which they said it was fixed, but it was not fixes on my end. I updated properly shutting it off at the back and so on, but still the issue persisted. Thanks for your help.

Ps I have two 7 port hubs, but they are powered. I will update after my new hubs get here.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  15. xskip

xskip Active Member

still the same:

mac os extended journaled disc works fine with old z9x, NOT with pro.
    eh.

16. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Meaning the Pro models have the ability now to change 0-255 or 16-235 instead of auto?
    Which one do you set it to if you are using a projector (JVC RS-1100?)

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Either Auto or 16-235. Video is encoded that way.

gymnos likes this.
  18. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I have played a few movies with .86 and everything is working great for me. It's probably too early to tell, but I did watch a blu ray remix last night with VC1 encoding, and it played flawlessly. That is something that I had issues with before, but it was intermittent. From my end, so far so good!

For reference, I am not using any kind of internal storage on the Zidoo. Everything is over SMB from a Synology NAS over 1Gbps hard wired Ethernet. Cheers

19. Azrael

Azrael Member

updated yesterday, tested with some movies, all seems ok.

20. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Ok, Thanks. :)