Popping sound with external dac

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by edliw, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I think yes. It could well be 24 (but I doubt it).
    Unfortunately I know no way of removing the annoying pop sounds.
    There is a settings in the driver for Windows (I believe it depends on the driver, though) to keep the DAC audio stream "always on" which might eliminate the issue, but I am no expert, and I am on Linux, so cannot check it myself.

2. Per Arne Aaserud

Per Arne Aaserud New Member

Hello. I’m having the same issue that you describes. Is this issue solved with you’re eversolo. I use a musical fidelity mx3 dac. Works fine with roon and usb. Popping with coax and toslink when using native eversolo dac or tidal connect. Per Arne:)

3. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis New Member

Another one here reporting loud pops and crackling changing from one album to another (on CD rips) using A6 ME.
    This was using the toslink connection into my Platin Hub WISA out to my Buchardt A700 actives (using their internal DACS).

As someone that just wants to listen to my CD flacs and Qobuz in the best quality (I believe the Platin Hub is limited to 24/96), can anyone here suggest of what connection/settings would be best please?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you can go analog into the Buchardt, then you can exploit the A6's DAC at its best. Provided the Buchardt do not ADC the analog inputs, of course; in that case you'll always be bound (and restricted) to the DAC capabilities of the speakers.

5. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis New Member

Unfortunately Nutul by going analogue, I'll also be bypassing the room correction (which works very well) for me.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then you have no other alternative than be restricted to the 24/96 the Buchardt allows you to.
    (TBH 24/96 is faaaaar moooore than the human ear can discern, so if I were you I'd not be worried)

Of course the alternative could be that of configuring the room-correction in the A6 PEQ, and then go analog into the speakers (if that is possible, as I do not know them well enough)

Darren Lewis likes this.