Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Pete B, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can't say there's any difference in picture quality at all although there is a problem with DV black clipping at the moment (clips at 85). VS10 options are good but confusing and overly complicated.

There are a few other niggles but the biggest problem is the interface and movie management - Zidoo beats it hands down in my opinion.

The Dune interface is awful - honestly it's just terrible! Back in the day it was only ever really viable if you completely reskined it and used yaDis for movie management. Problem is yaDis was abandoned years ago and just doesn't cut the mustard these days and the new GUI can't be skinned. The old GUI is still available though, which is somewhat of a saving grace.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Cheers. Yes back in the day I used yaDis on my Dunes. My Collection was always pants. TBH looking at the video review it seemed that they had improved it quite a bit.

Hoping for a Zidoo firmware drop very soon!?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Somehow it always looks quite impressive in YouTube videos.

It isn't.

Visconti12 and blenky like this.
  4. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I find the Zidoo gives a vastly better picture.