I can't create a play queue.. I'm not talking about the playlist.!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by METABAX, Nov 29, 2023.

1. METABAX

METABAX New Member

Hello friends. I can't create a playback queue by selecting several folders or albums from my device's SSD or streamers like qobuz-tidal. I can only add a single track to the play queue. If we want to add another album while listening to an album, do we add the songs one by one?

I'm not talking about saving a playlist here, so please don't get confused. For example, when I want to select 2 or 3-4 folders on the SSD and add them to the playback queue, there is no such option, it only allows saving as a playlist. We shouldn't have to save a new playlist every time.

Don't you think this is a big deficiency that needs to be eliminated?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

All of this would be nice to have. @mirror did mention that they would try to do this and even make it so that you could add music both from local storage but also from your paid streaming services.

A hybrid play queue like this would be even better.

Time will tell.

METABAX likes this.
  3. METABAX

METABAX New Member

Thank you Bergholdt, I'm really glad to hear that. This is a standard feature in applications of almost all music streaming platforms and other music player applications. I expected Eversolo to have added this in the first software, I was surprised. I hope it will be added as soon as possible.

4. Philsound

Philsound New Member

Agreed. This is a "basic" for any music library management tool/app.
    And available from a PC would even be more convenient...
    When you have 2To+ tracks, selecting albums and tracks on a 10cm screen is not ideal.

5. METABAX

METABAX New Member

This function is an issue that has nothing to do with screen size. Either you didn't understand what I said or I didn't understand what you meant.

6. Philsound

Philsound New Member

I've just discovered something very weird...!
    The only available options when selecting a song from "Music" in the Source, Files Cast, Music, Streaming, Settings menu are :
    - Add and Play
    - Next Play,
    - Add to PlayLists

It means that there's no option like : Add to Queue????
    Am I missing something or is this how Eversolo manages a queue list??

Another bizarre behavior :
    When I select a track from the "Music" option (as mentioned above), then I can, for example, Add and Play this track (can't add it to the queue list at the last position...)

When I select a track from the "Files" option, I select a folder and then a track, then the complete album containing this track is "Add and Play" to the queue list!
    It is impossible to select only the desired track alone.

Again, am I missing something?

My first impression is that music library management still needs some works to being compliant to the usual standards available with, for example, Cantata (open source and free on PC) or with MPDroid (open source Android).

Uwe likes this.
  7. Philsound

Philsound New Member

@METABAX : I get what you've said.
    My point is that with so many options to select and manage a queue list containing local and streaming content, it's more convenient on a large screen than on a small screen.
    Best,
    Phil

METABAX likes this.
  8. METABAX

METABAX New Member

@Philsound Yes, your findings are correct. What's missing is "add to queue". This is exactly what I want.. If we want, we should be able to add it to the queue as a single track or as a folder/album. But it only allows us to add a single track as the "next track". Or it allows us to save a playlist.

9. METABAX

METABAX New Member

For example, we cannot select 3 albums from the built-in ssd or qobuz/tidal and add them to the play queue. Big problem.

10. Philsound

Philsound New Member

I've found a trick to add tracks from the "Music" menu :
    -select Next Play : the track is added in the queue list next to the current played track
    -then, manually move the track to the position you want in the queue list (bottom of the list logically, last selected, last played)

But this doesn't solve the main issue to add albums to the queue list and mixing in the queue list tracks or albums selected from "Elements" and "Music", etc

METABAX likes this.
  11. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Hi,
    I have the A8 on home demo, unless I’m missing something, add to queue is still missing, for me it’s a big issue as that’s exactly how I like to listen to music, browsing & adding to the queue, not always play next. I have an Auralic vega g1, deciding whether to change, but the Auralic app appears light years ahead, but I do like the A8 sound, but usability is a big part.

12. Philsound

Philsound New Member

Hi Zidoo Guys,
    Any update on the playlist management feature?
    Just need to look after what the "others" are doing elsewhere and copy and paste ;-) !
    And still dying for a Windows app too...it shouldn't be so hard to build as some bricks already exist.
    Thanks

Uwe likes this.
  13. Uwe

Uwe Member

The queue management is miles behind Wiim or Bluesound. Basic functions are missing. There is actually no queue management with Amazon Music.

The rest of the user interface isn't much better either. Very bad software. There is also a missing roadmap and a bug list that is being worked on. IT on demand.

That's a shame because the hardware is good. For the price you probably have to live with it. I will sell before no one wants the device anymore.

14. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Hi,
    I’ve the solo on demo, so I’ve still time to decide

15. Bergholdt

The magic word for adding to a queue is ‘three dots’…

This is newest firmware on A8 using iPad with newest Eversolo Control app…

Three dots top right is to add whole album. Three dots next to track list is for individual tracks…

IMG_0313.jpeg IMG_0314.jpeg

16. Uwe

Uwe Member

Not available for Amazon Music

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The changelog explains it very clearly. Hybrid queue is suitable for: TIDQL/Qobuz/Local/Deezer/HRS

18. Uwe

Uwe Member

Is it planned for Amazon Music?

19. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Appreciated, thank you. Next question, how to group ripped double cds under one cover instead of multiple covers. My tagging works with roon & my Auralic app, any help ?

20. Bergholdt

The software I used to rip asked if something was a multi disc and shows it correctly.

I don’t use any kind of re-tagging.

I guess, we need a list of re-tagging software that is known to work. Or a list of which tagging standards are supported by Eversolo.

Several people on here do re-tagging. You might be able to find it via the search function (top right of forum).

IMG_0326.jpeg IMG_0327.jpeg

Nutul likes this.