I can't create a play queue.. I'm not talking about the playlist.!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by METABAX, Nov 29, 2023.

1. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Hi,
    It’s a pain as I’ve 627 cds ripped, but my A8 shows over 800. As I said using my Auralic app & when I trialled roon double/ treble cds I have tagged so they show under one cover, look at the difference with fleetwood Mac 25 years, a8 showing 4 covers because of the 4 discs, Auralic all in one, not sure if I can be bothered trying to redo these discs IMG_0382.png IMG_0383.png

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Yes, I have 1000+ CDs ripped. Re-doing it is a lot of work.

With my untrained eye, all these metadata standards seem to be a mess.

Do a searh on the forum for re-tagging and hope that the right people respond.

But if your metadata work elsewhere, maybe Eversolo can fix it over time.

Maybe there is a ‘user guide’ for re-tagging. https://www.eversolo.com/Support/faq.html

any5at32 likes this.
  3. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Appreciated, the search goes on

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Just my 2c on the thing...
    I use kid3 for tagging (any good program that supports different tagging schemas will do)
    Multi-disc albums usually need to satisfy the following in order to be seen as ONE album with MANY discs:
    - the ARTIST must be the same
    - the ALBUM must be the same - some taggers add (disc 1) (disc 2), or - CD1 - CD2, etc. etc to it, rendering the album actually different
    - the files must contain a DISCNUMBER tag containing the index of the disc, in your FM 25 should go from 1 to 4
    - the files must contain a DISCTOTAL tag, containing the total number of discs, again in your case 4
    In my system (no, not an Eversolo) works like a charm.

any5at32 likes this.
  5. any5at32

any5at32 New Member

Hi,
    I use mp3tag & as you see works well with the Auralic lightning ds app & also Roon. It as you know takes a while ripping etc & getting everything as you want, now got to decide to I like the Eversolo a8 enough to redo a few hundred discs. Hate seeing that multiple covers, take it it’s nothing to do with Auralic lightning ds is strictly iOS & the solo more android looking, not sure

Nutul likes this.