New version v1.0.0.56 for DAC-Z6/DAC-Z8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by mirror, Jan 30, 2024.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The link points nowhere; has it yet to be uploaded...?

3. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

The link is dead...:(

Nutul likes this.
  4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I don't have any EverSolo device.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ooo, so you are just the "Mr. Good Guy", mirroring the download link of the update for us when Eversolo fails at it...? :)

McBluna likes this.
  8. 0rangutan

0rangutan New Member

Upgraded my Z8 just now.
    No idea what the system stability updates are (but welcomed).
    4 new VU Meter modes:
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 13.07.12.png

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Cool.
    Have you seen if, perhaps, they have also removed the raibow reflex/artwork that can be seen in the background of the menus?

Still a couple of hours to wait before I can update mine... ;-)

10. 0rangutan

0rangutan New Member

No - the rest seems unchanged on quick inspection.

11. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I have to admit that I might have hoped for a little more, I had hoped that the ugly color spots would go away, but unfortunately they are still there now, and fixed volume was also something I had hoped for
    But we got 4 VU meters in Mono, as far as I know it's a stereo dac, it actually looks a bit stupid

Well, it's still a super dac that I love to listen to, because the analog part with 8*TI OPA1612 op-amp in shunt compensation is the best analog part in all Zidoo's products

Daaan likes this.
  12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Totally disappointed. The mono VUs are, IMO, ugly at best. And the missed fixed volume out, and volume memory for each input only add to the sadness of this ordinary Tuesday evening in the oldest town of the Balcan Peninsula (but probably of all Europe)

Daaan and Glerup71 like this.
  13. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Can only confirm that you are right, here you go and wait for a new firmware update to finally arrive, and then you only get 4 VU meters in mono, which just look stupid
    The ugly color spots are still there, no fixed volume option, no tweaking of the user menu...just pure disappointment !!! :(

Corrigap, Nutul and Daaan like this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Not even to say, that the last update took place in april last year IIRC... o_O

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

If it 'aint broke then don't fix it - I think I'll leave things for now and wait to see if anything further develops

Peter Wallop, walloon and Nutul like this.
  16. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

aggreed, this update looks like a bad joke.

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Although not necessarily bad, a joke nonetheless.

18. walloon

walloon New Member

The website still shows v.1.0.0.52 as the "official" release. Maybe .56 is an interim release not meant for general deployment? We should probably wait to see what final version will be available on the website.

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

TTYTT there is also another version, prior to this one, still hidden on the usual sites: 1.0.0.54, of which I got knowledge by Archimago (of Goldensound) when he made the review of the Z8. I downloaded it, but never installed, as was told probably by "mirror" to wait for an official statement. It's available here, as you can see from the review: https://music.eversolo.com/dac/ota/v1.0.0.54/EVERSOLODAC.PKG

The review itself is here: https://goldensound.audio/2023/04/28/eversolo-dac-z8-measurements/

20. bwdst3

bwdst3 New Member

Hi,

I’m on v1.0.0.52 but having trouble with the update and hoping for some direction. I have a FAT32 USB stick. I dl’d the pkg file on my Mac and moved it to the USB drive (It is the only item on the USB) When I attempt to update firmware I get this message:

“U disk does not have upgrade files”

upload_2024-1-31_9-29-41.jpeg