1.2.44_BETA/1.2.74_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

The same on my cheap amazon tablet. But because I don`t use the volume slider on the tablet it is not important for me. I use volume pass through to my RME Dac.

2. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Yesterday and today I did long hearing sessions - much time, because I`m ill since a few days. Today I heard a lot of Clapton and Supertramp. All well known albums and often heard. I have the same experience like you by hearing with my headphone-amp SMSL SP200 and Hifiman Edition XS.
    Especially with "Clapton - Another Ticket" and "Supertramp - Slow Motion" it is very noticeable to me. But as you say, I also don`t know if that`s possible - and I like it also a lot. :)

3. Path8022

Path8022 Member

I've noticed an issue with Squeeze Connect with this new beta. When you restart LMS, the A6 doesn't connect to the server automatically. You have to physically click your LMS server through the Streaming menu to reconnect. Anyone else have this problem?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You mean, if it was already selected? It may depend as well on whether your LMS server ha a static or dynamic IP address. It could also be that there is no automatic reconnection. Do you restart your LMS server on a regular basis?

5. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

I noticed the same when I updated the Ubuntu VM that rums LMS for me.

I got the same result when I updated the LMS plug-ins which also restarts the LMS services.

The VM that hosts LMS has a static IP.

6. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Yes - already configured, selected and running successfully.

LMS is running in a docker container on a device with a static IP. This lack of reconnection only began with the latest beta. All other squeeze endpoints in my network are unaffected by LMS restarts.

I restart LMS when plugin updates are available. This is almost instantaneous and happens a few times a week maybe. I also bring down the container perhaps twice a month for updates to the application itself.

7. Path8022

Path8022 Member

At least this behaviour isn't specific to my install. Thanks for the confirmation. Seems the latest beta has brought this unwanted change.

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Oh, these restart scenarios are perfectly legitimate... Then something in the monitoring of the connection has definitely changed with the latest update.
    If the LMS automatically restarts itself whenever it finds available updates, then it can be really annoying... I see, though, work on LMS integration pretty active ATM, so most probably some fixes on one side brought in some annoyances on another... I may be confident they'll get fixed soon with a further BETA release.

9. Path8022

Path8022 Member

I agree, the development for native LMS support has been as great as it was unexpected. I originally planned to use LMS with the A6 solely as a DLNA endpoint. Even the DLNA implementation has improved since I purchased the device. It now supports gapless playback with LMS's UPNP bridge plugin.

This small issue/bug is pretty inconsequential also. The server doesn't restart itself when these updates are available, just downloads them and it is up to the user to reboot if desired. No overarching need for me to restart the application so frequently. Even if I do, it's only a couple of clicks on the A6 to remedy the situation. Like you say, I'm sure the next release will have a fix. Just wanted to check here to see if others were noticing the same behaviour so that it wasn't just particular to my system. Thanks.

Nutul likes this.
  10. Stuj

Stuj Member

Yes I have also noticed this. Thank you for posting for Developer awareness. You cannot fix what you do not know is wrong :) lets hope they see this and provide a fix shortly

Nutul and Path8022 like this.
  11. CSD3786789

CSD3786789 New Member

I'm running the latest Beta firmware.

In the Library option, where you add a Library.
    My folders containg music are listed, each folder contains the album art.
    However the art does not show, but it doe show in the track.

See pics

however in the Files icon.

The art for the folder appears, does not for the track.
    Opposite of what happes in the Library option.

Is this a bug?
    Anyone else having this issue.

Attached Files:

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

In the previous version, A6 had been trying to scan LMS, but we found that doing so affected playback performance. So in this beta version, A6 will only scan LMS five times when it is turned on.

The Moog likes this.
  13. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Hello Mirror,
    Well here we are in a “Master Class” application!!!
    Because thanks to LaGovnah i just put my app in landscape mode and I finally have exactly the perfect presentation, that is, the album on the left with all the information below and my playlist on the right with the current track still displayed.
    In portrait mode I had to click on a button to see the current track.
    For me this provision is very important because most of the time I randomly listen to around 50,000 thousand tracks (including around 10,000 in HiRes/MCH) stored in the integrated 4TB HDD.
    From the first listen I found this streamer to be of very high audio quality but I was a little frustrated by the software.
    Well now don't touch anything in terms of Mr Mirror presentation because it's simply perfect.
    I admit that I didn't really believe it, well I was wrong!!!
    Equipment used: Eversolo DMP-A6, Trinnov Amethyst, T+A HA200, T+A Solitaire P, Technics SL 1000R, Electrocompaniet Nemo AW600, Monitor Audio PL500II.
    Many thanks again.

14. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Thanks for the reply and explanation. It makes sense to prioritise playback performance. I must be in the minority in that I don't turn the device off so I will most likely keep running into discovery issues when the 5 scan quota expires. Would you mind explaining the sequence of these 5 scans? Are they in quick succession or over a particular period of time? I guess I'll just restart the A6 whenever LMS has plugin/application updates or try to set up some automation through Home Assistant. No big deal at all. Really appreciate the continued work on Squeeze Control and communication on these boards.

15. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I also have a problem with UPnP. Eversolo cannot see all shared content. There is a limit that wasn't there before. Yes, I have about 90,000 files shared, but so far there has been no problem.

16. fahzz

fahzz New Member

Also can someone tell me what I need to do to use Squeeze connect to get my Pi based LMS running on an A-6 with this update? I running PiCore Player on an Allo Digione player. Thanks.

17. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Just enable Squeeze Control in the A6 settings. It should autodiscover your PcP and the A6 will be available as a client like any other Squeeze Player.

Nutul likes this.
  18. fahzz

fahzz New Member

Will the A6 Auto discover if my PcP is wired to my router? Or do I have to plug the Pi into an input on the A6? Thanks.

19. The Moog

The Moog Member

It should find your piCorePlayer on the network :)

20. mp1405

mp1405 New Member

Hello everybody.

Got my A6 today. I use an LMS since beginning.

Did an update to 1.2.44 to get LMS support.

Directly after the installation I got the message that a new 1.2.50 version is available.

I did this update but now I am stuck, because I cannot find anything where to select Squeeze connect.

I find an info about the new 1.2.50 version in this forum with infos what is new and I saw the "Nowplaying screen" with Squeeze as connector. (at the moment is see the dlna connector)

Also a factory reset got no help.

Greetings
    Markus

Where is this connector or do I need to install something.

Looks like a bug in 1.2.50.!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024