Add to Category doesn't list all the categories

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Bert Coules, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You must be on an older firmware - that page should look like this:

upload_2023-8-31_17-55-54.png

I was only explaining how I would approach it - it's up to you how you want it to look and be presented.

You modify or add a second row of genres/categories from HT4/Settings/Poster View/Main Interface Style/Custom Layout, not in the web interface.

upload_2023-8-31_17-59-28.png

2. Arkooo

Arkooo New Member

That is strange... My device says all software is up-to-date... Can it have something to do with the browser (Chrome), or with my Macbook?

Aha, so if I understand you right, the sollution you suggest is still a custom category, with it's own icon, next to "movies" and "tv", not changing the genres?
    For me, changing the genres would be more preferably, and as you showed it's possible through the webinterface.

What would be the downside of doing that? That you will loose all changes when you rescan?

Thanx again for your help!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You will need to update via USB. Go to the first (sticky) post and check your model for the firmware.

4. Arkooo

Arkooo New Member

I updated my firmware via USB and now I get the same settings as you, perfect. I also found how to change the genres, excactly as I would like.

My only big question - and fear - is, if I spend hours and hours on changing everything to my liking, is there a way I can lose all my settings? For instance while doing a rescan?
    I don't even know if I need a rescan if I ad files to my internal hard drive? (I've been adding hundreds of files after my initial scan)
    Or does the device always gets the source up-to-date, once you have selected a source for my files, eg, the internal hard drive?

Thanx again for everyones help!

5. Rod L

Rod L New Member

Hello.

I've added all my files to the internal hard drive on my Zidoo Pro, and have been trying to "correct" the genres on some of the files using both TMM and Media Companion. I'm able to see the change via Notepad ++ when I open the nfo file, but it doesn't seem to be wanting to update properly in Zidoo, even after I scan and rescan my drives. It appears to keep wanting to default back to the genre assignment made by either TMDB or IMDB. Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks!

6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Ideally we should be able to update the NFO like we can with Metadata. It was promised but hasn't happened. I haven't tried this but maybe worth an experiment. Move the folder containing the video and everything else including the amended NFO file off the system as a backup. Make sure in preferences that NFO has preference. Then delete all references for that title off the Zidoo, reboot Zidoo and add back the the backup copy and let HT refind it again hopefully taking note of the amended NFO. Quite likely I've left out a step or so! But that's what I would do if faced with your dilemma