Kodi 17 audio passthrough

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by zxxcro, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Actually the current version of ZDMC woks well but the 1.7 interface is so much nicer!!!

2. xtreme1

xtreme1 New Member

Say it again,check your system and check your settings. I have ZERO problems with ZDMC or Kodi Krypton when it comes to passthrough or video playback.... My equipment
    - LG OLED E6
    - Onkyo TX-RZ810 7.2 AV Receiver
    - Monster UHD 4K HDMI cable
    20170217_165708.jpg

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

What are your settings? In both Android and Kodi 17.

No one has problems with ZDMC because it is a fork by Zidoo with the passthrough implemented. Kodi Krypton on the other hand, has issues because the passthrough option follows certain specs that are missing/are messed due to the various patches in android that Zidoo had.

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I REALLY HATE to get nasty with people on forums, but you are an idiot!
    How is HD audio pass through working on your system with Kodi 17 when your number of channels is set to 2.0?
    How???
    It isn't is it, STOP propagating your nonsense till you understand what you are talking about.

5. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Calm down, the 2.0 setting is used, then passthrough isn't possible. All passthrough soundformats there sended unaltered "passthrought" the receiver. and he is using ZDMC wich worked fine with passthrough

6. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Exactly but no passthrough on 1.7 (krypton) right?

Anyway nobody has any insight on the external player implementation for 1.7?

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Are you asking here hoping Kodi 17 developers answer here?

8. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Not really just asking in general if anyone has been successful at using Kodi with an external player?

As said in my first post here in this thread I'm new to this game and tried to follow the instruction for Kodi external players for Android hoping it would work but I guess I'm surely missing something otherwise it would have been done.

I will try to post on the Kodi forum though.....

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  9. Berry Ermans

Berry Ermans New Member

I'm also looking for Zidoo external player used in Kodi 17. Already created a Playerfactory.xml According the one in the zdmc system directory.
    Unfortunately it want use Zidoo external player.
    Does any one have Kodi 17 working with Zidoo external player?
    If So, Please share the Playerfactory.xml settings.

10. Clint74

Clint74 Member

I managed to link correctly VLC player but though Kodi 1.7 switched to the VLC player and I had the VLC interface the video would not start, it would stay at 00:00:00 indefinetely.

I know VLC is not the solution (no HD audio passthrough) but it was for testing.

I need to find a suitable external player, what is the name of the ZDMC player by the way?

I used this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android

This was the VLC "section":

<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    <filename>org.videolan.vlc</filename>
    <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the name of the ZDMC player is the standard kodi player " DVDplayer "

12. PacoRabanne

HaoSs, the name should be something like a FQDN filename, like the "org.videolan.vlc" in the example from Clint74

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the internal player is... internal. it has no filename

14. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I tried the settings that xtreme1 suggested, at least most that could apply to my system and TV (for example I am not on 4k, HDMI supported is 1.4 etc). Passthrough in official kodi doesn't work. I do not have problems with ZDMC of course with regard to passthrough. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have passthrough in official Kodi 17 with this Android (and I don't mean just the version but also the patches that Zidoo applied). Do not waste time. Wait for Zidoo to either provide updated ZDMC (for now) and maybe release a clean 7.0 f/w in the future.

15. juok

juok New Member

16. Berry Ermans

Berry Ermans New Member

Clint74, I used these settings
    <player name="ZidooPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    <filename>com.android.gallery3d</filename>
    <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>

To use Zidoo external player.

17. PacoRabanne

Sorry, not true. All android apps have "this" (strange) name.
    I think Berry Ermans hit the question.
    Anyway you can easily find this name with "Package Name Viewer" app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.csdroid.pkg&hl=it. Is not the only one.

P.S. maybe the "id" in the link on Play Store is the Package Name we are looking for? Not checked...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  18. Berry Ermans

Berry Ermans New Member

Looks like there is Some confusion. The settings above don't work.
    Does anybody know the correct settings to get Zidoo external player working in Kodi 17?