DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Your friend might indeed be right... if so, the plain Apple Music app should be enough.
    @eieio are you in a position to try this out?

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  2. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

I’d like an auto-power down after “X” number of minutes (user selectable) after no signal ….so when you turn the TV off it’ll power down after , say , 20 mins - since it’s HDMI ARC input isn’t CEC compliant.

also like it to play Tidal when selecting it from the home page without having to select “internal player” first… meaning , auto switch from HDMI input to “internal player” when tidal is selected.

bk

3. JTC

JTC New Member

I think this might be covered by the 'favourites on the home screen', but I'm currently home-demoing an A8 and will buy one on Monday, and I've got the demo unit connected to a cd transport, and also I'm using the RCA outs into a headphone amp and the XLR outs into my active speakers.

What would be great is to extend the ability to add shortcuts on the homepage to include input/output assignments. For example, a 'CD Transport' shortcut would (in my case) change the source to RCA digital input 1, whereas a 'Headphone' shortcut would change the output (in my case) to RCA from XLR.

This is my only wish I've got so far. It's a fantastic device!

4. Johan Jaaffar

Johan Jaaffar New Member

A 'Volume Passthrough Mode" for XLR/RCA Connection would be nice and appreciated. Thanks

Franc and Signal to Noise like this.
  5. JTC

JTC New Member

You don't really need it. Each output has its own volume, and when you switch between them it restores the previous volume. So, if you set the volume on (say) the RCA outputs to 0dB, that's the same as bypassing the volume control entirely, i.e. volume passthrough, as far as I understand it. I've set the (loan) A8 I have here this way, so that I can use it with my headphone amp (SPL Phonitor 2, connected via RCA outputs at 0dB) or my speakers (connected directly - as they're active - via XLR balanced, volume controlled via the A8's volume control).

What would be really great is if there were a way to set specific shortcuts for 'Headphone' or 'CD Transport', as I mentioned in my post above yours. Mainly because it's a little bit of a faff to switch inputs, and I'm all for making life easier :)

6. Johan Jaaffar

Johan Jaaffar New Member

thanks for the clarification. I connected the A8 to my integrated amp (Mcintosh 352 with the tube preamp). Hate the thought of preamping it twice. Thanks again. Cheers!

JTC likes this.
  7. 1. Is there a way to set automatic network file location updates? I add music files quite regularly to the NAS location and would be great if the Eversolo could just update on a regular schedule.

2. A “Never” option for the Screensaver timer.

Aliaxandr likes this.
  8. Anøtek

Anøtek New Member

Hello everyone,
    New owner of the DMP A8,

Could I have more information on the characteristics of the DAC filter?

If we use the XLR & RCA output at the same time, what is the output voltage level: do we apply the lower of the two 2.1 Vrms or does it remain the same XLR 4.2 Vrms & RCA 2.1 Vrms?

1: I would have appreciated automatic source switching, for example: optical output selected, go to the streaming section and launch a piece of music in the application, automatic switching to the internal player.

2: Be able to deactivate unused inputs to save time and make navigation smoother, as some other brands (NAIM) do; the ability to rename them makes it explicit, but having to go through all the inputs makes it heavy to use.

3: Same thing in the streaming section of the mobile application, only display the streaming platforms that you use, so that you don't have to set up the display on the phone to access the shortcuts on the DMP A8 desktop.

Musically,
    Anøtek

PeterJvM and Mikeees like this.
  9. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Sideloaded the AMC since many months ago. Not perfectly smooth but it worked.

upload_2023-12-18_7-41-32.png

10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Automatic updates.
    Front screen choose ‘Music’ / Settings (cog wheel top right) / Scan / Automatic Updating Sources

This creates some problems, though, that haven’t been fixed yet (on the A8 screen). Problems seem not to uccur in the IOS apps.

IMG_0177.jpeg IMG_0176.jpeg

Signal to Noise likes this.
  11. Arte

Arte New Member

Hello,Eversolo A8 does not have down sampling rate,but A6 has.It is a big issue for me,because A8 I am using as a transport with 1 bit Forsell dac,which has only 44.1 khz
    Maybe in future Eversolo will solve this problem?

Attached Files:

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Wat?!?! 1 bit 44.1?

Stop bypassing the magnificent DAC in the A8 and use a lower-class external one, and then complain. The AKM4499 is absolutely far better sounding and performing than the Forsell.

Then, there is no such a thing as a DAC with 1bit/44.1 - I think the Forsell is a DSD DAC, and DSD is 1bit, but the frequencies are far higher than 44.1 (although a perfect multiple of it)
    Without a specific model I cannot tell you more, apart from the specs I found regarding 44.1 and 48 (kHz) which is perfect standard, but somehow old-fashion, as nowadays 384kHz (if not 768) appears to be the normality...

13. Arte

Arte New Member

Have you ever heard Forsell dac?I did,and it sounds very good!

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Have you paid attention to the A8's DAC? It is amazing.

15. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

I have my new A-8 for 10 days and I like it very much!
    Sound is great, I use it via XLR to my power amp.
    It gives me a sound improvement over the A-6 ME that I had. Wider sound stage
    I don’t use the DSP, it does not give me any benefits in sound quality.

only thing missing: a balance adjustment between left and right. How strange, such a basic function. Even my topping d90se dac had a balance function. I have sold this dac btw, but now I miss this function. Right channel needs a 2 db boost because of furniture I think.

or is there a balance adjustment that I did not see?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  16. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

There is a balance adjustment in the A6 Alpha firmware, so that might come to the A8 as well.

A8 has ‘Delay’ but I guess that is not the same…

17. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Thanks for the reply!

Delay is not the same indeed

I need decibel adjustment left and right

I will await the update then, hope this balance function will not affect the excellent sound quality of the dmp A-8….

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  18. NealS

NealS New Member

It seems that the built in DSP functions do not work on analogue inputs. I would, therefore, speculate that the analogue inputs are not passing through the A/D stage. Anyone know if this is hardware or firmware limitation? I, for one, would very much like to have tone controls and filters operational on radio and phono inputs.

Anyone know why this limitation exists and can it be changed?

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The A8 has the EQ, so (for now...) you can (try to) make a flat preset, adding only a +2dB gain and it should help.

20. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

I wish they add Equalizer Presets and when playing SACD ISO why it disables DSP option?