Z9X Pro Stuttering (Solved)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by chrisolson91, Nov 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiftedmirrors

shiftedmirrors New Member

Kind of annoying there's no betas out for the other models

2. Pezay

Pezay New Member

Is it already out? Where can i find it?

3. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

It's an internal test version, official version should be coming next week like Mark said.

But use at your own risk, Mark has stated it can brick your device.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2023
  4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I doubt that grabbing that internal test version from McBluna.net would "brick" your device, but test firmwares can contain other bugs or regressions that can affect other functions... so it is simply install at your own risk.

Leo1000 likes this.
  5. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

You can ask Mark about that apparent has happened

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not bricked a Z9X Pro yet, but I went through a period of bricking my Z9X quite regularly to the point I just have a test board with a UART permanently connected...

upload_2023-12-23_23-13-7.png

7. Erling Hugosson

Erling Hugosson New Member

I had mine Z9X pro for 5 month know and have tried every new beta, factory and stable versions including 1.0.70.

Still stuttering, not so often as with 1.0.65 and still the same fix: Pause the video and start again.

The stuttering is not fixed, so what is fixed?

8. JackMikkers

JackMikkers New Member

I'm on 1.0.70 and the aforementioned stutters are all gone, I enjoyed a very smooth playback of GoT last night. But in the last minutes of GoT S08E04 I noticed some "rhythmic" stuttering, if that makes sense. This "rhythmic" stuttering i had before in very rare cases and is best described as a stutter on every, say, 3 seconds. So i took my phone to capture and reran the same scene again but the stutters where gone. Must be because of what Erling mentioned.
    So all and all .70 is a big improvement but it wouldn't want to call it solved just yet.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

These are different issues and I'd rather not clutter up this thread with it.

The issue in this thread was a repeatable stutter produced by certain TrueHD soundtracks which is now fixed.

What you describe seems to be something I've seen on occasions, but not often - I've started a new thread here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/occasional-jerky-choppy-playback.97341/

JackMikkers likes this.
  10. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I am new to the Zidoo products, I got myself a new Z9X Pro. Played fine for a while, until I hit it with a big file, the LotR movies. Initially stutter disappeared after I switch from TrueHD audio track to DD, but after a while it started acting up again and did not want to go away.

I use a PC with Windows 11 and Samba on it and a couple of 5TB and 16TB HDDs. I wanted to test the speed between the Zidoo machine and my HDDs and I was not able to access the Zidoo unit, because I did not have the SMB1.0/CIFS support installed. Once I installed it I was able to easily access the Zidoo server and the stuttering was gone also.

Was not able to replicate the stutter again after that, same file and with TrueHD audio track. No software changes on the Zidoo. So, at least for me, seems it was a Windows setup issue.

Evangelos likes this.
  11. Leo1000

Leo1000 New Member

any updates on the beta version yet ?

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Finally I've installed a new Z9X Pro (.52) and the result is great!! Really satisfied with SMB performance where I can find no stuttering from my away-NAS. The box response is really fast and accurate. I fully agree with Zidoo info of 20% improvement from previous generation of chipset. :)
    The only remarkable bug is the library classification (HT4) which is mixing the TV series and mistaking or not finding many movies although the names are correct. You've to make a manual setting and for 1.400 files is really slow and tedious.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    SwissPhoney likes this.
  13. MacGyver27

MacGyver27 New Member

How did you upgrade your Z9x pro? When I try via settings menu it says I am on the latest version 1.0.60 and have 'beta' channel selected..

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Sometimes OTA update doesn't work.
    Download v1.0.65 (or _G for Google Store access) from first sticky post of this Forum, save the file in a USB stick, insert it into your Z9X Pro and then choose local update.

15. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

Hmmm, i installed the same per your recommendation from windows features. Windows 11 + 4xUSB hard drives. All my stutters are gone. I suggest all windows 10/11 users to do this.

16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Try new release of beta firmware v1.0.75

Leo1000 and JackMikkers like this.
  17. JackMikkers

JackMikkers New Member

Thanks for mentioning Visconti. I just installed .75

Does anyone know if there is a changlog? mcbluna isn't up te date yet

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

19. JackMikkers

JackMikkers New Member