Alpha version v1.2.37 for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Well, this is no fun at all. :(

Having girded my loins and plucked up the courage to install an Alpha version, my A6 isn't having any of it! I downloaded the Zip on to my PC and then just dragged it onto a USB stick zipped as normal. After multiple downloads and trying several sticks (including reformatting the stick), I'm just receiving the same 'The current file format is not supported' message. Any ideas anyone?

IMG_0827.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  2. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Do NOT unzip it

3. Peter Wallop

Sorry my fault -
    Sorry, I have been trying Zipped - I attempted unzipping in desperation as a final attempt and wrote 'unzipped' in error.

4. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Strange, for me it worked at the first try

Peter Wallop likes this.
  5. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I installed the alpha firmware via a USB stick formatted as exFAT, no problems at all. Suggest you do the download again, reformat your stick again, it should work. As others have said don't unzip.

Peter Wallop likes this.
  6. Peter Wallop

Hm
    I know - weird. Before discovering the network method of installing APK’s, I used a memory stick to install with no problems. I’ll give it 24-hours to see if anyone has a suggestion and then just try the help desk (Eki will have my back!) Thanks for the attempt.

Eki Shaw likes this.
  7. Miki222

Miki222 Member

That's exactly what I really want too, a split Left and Right equalizer while maintaining 15 bands per channel - please do not reduce this number of bands, as it is currently on the Alpha version. (it works well) + graphics as I designed or showed a split blue equalizer with red tips, soft and precise for each channel separately. forum #82.

8. Peter Wallop

Yeah, I tried all that and still the same result. The confusion concerning zipping was my fault, but 9/10 of my attempts were zipped. I also attempted combinations of sticks, formatting & downloads. I think it’s God’s way of telling me to know my limitations and never mess with an Alpha! ;)

9. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Doubling the EQ resources Im afraid it would be too much. If possible, great, but a simple L/R BALANCE would be fantastic

Nikolay Gramchev likes this.
  10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Update- local update, then load the zip file. Not in the file manager

Eki Shaw and Peter Wallop like this.
  11. Stereo666

Stereo666 New Member

Hello @mirror,
    may other things are more important at the moment but any chance you can give the community a status update regarding the Airplay 2 validation process? Thanks for your great work
    Best regards

Lesfetes and Vinnie like this.
  12. Peter Wallop

Ta, da! :):):) That worked - I suspected that I was doing something dumb. :confused:

This should keep me quiet for a while - thanks Santa!

13. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx New Member

In case someone having trouble with spotify connect, simply disable and enable again. After that it works.

14. Bonobo

Bonobo New Member

Exactly the same problem here.
    The developers should make it possible to downgrade to the latest stable version from at least an Alpha version!
    If this will not be changed, this will prevent me from installing alpha versions in future and I'll not be able to support the developers by sending bug reports anymore.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  15. pentax0373

pentax0373 New Member

Just testing EQ and works great so far. One suggestion: on full update I guess It would be great to see when EQ is Active...even if EQ icon on top just change color would be enough imho.

16. Bonobo

Bonobo New Member

Yes, Tidal Connect doesn't work anymore properly. It plays the music, but the display doesn't show it.

17. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

May be one needs this EQ feature and other funny things of this Beta. But I would like to have landscape mode for the android app. For me it`s more usefull than those thousand funny things the A6 can do after some updates.
    I would like to have some fundamental things first and then, when it all works, then I like the funny things the A6 can do after some updates. For me this update orgy goes the wrong direction.

Miki222 likes this.
  18. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I've tried this switching off and on either in the control app or in Cast mode and no joy, Spotify app doesn't show the A6 as a device. I have tried every other Spotify Connectable device I have and they all work fine. As mirror said in an earlier post this issue is real and will be fixed in the next alpha.

19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

No issues with Tidal Connect here

20. Miki222

Miki222 Member

For pentax0373. Yes, the exact same thought occurred to me today. On orange if it is active.

Mikeees and pentax0373 like this.