Alpha version v1.2.37 for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Well, I’m NOT a computer scientist but also had issues connecting my A6 to the iPhone/iPad app after the update. I re-started my fiber box, router and switch and it ended up working again.

So, as a self-taught IT-supporter, I’ll ask you to do a re-start… :)

Nutul likes this.
  2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Did this ALPHA break things that were otherwise working in the 1.2.30 official?

3. Bergholdt

On iPhone, adding a unit via IP (when scanning the QR code doesn’t work), I only had a choice of numbers and a comma.

This is maybe something Eversolo should look at. I had to open a browser and type the IP there, then copy/paste into Eversolo Control app.

IMG_3363.jpeg

4. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Just to add another network issue, Spotify Connect from 2 devices no longer works. It is a while since I connected this way into the A6 so cannot be sure it is related to the alpha firmware. Everything is on the same LAN and the Spotify Connect is switched on in the A6, but it is not listed as a device when you start Spotify playing. Could be a Spotify gremlin.

5. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Checked another streamer that I used before the A6, namely the Cambridge Audio MXN10, on the same LAN as everything else. Spotify Connect works immediately without fuss. So possibly an issue with the A6 then, whether connected with the alpha firmware I cannot be sure. Not a disaster just something to note.

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Checked another two devices that have Spotify Connect features and they connect just fine. So only the A6 is now failing to connect.

7. Bergholdt

One thing I noticed (this might not be specific to this firmware version) was that a ‘Factory Reset’ does NOT remove the log-in credentials for the streaming services.

In other words, I don’t have to log into Tidal, Qobuz and HIGHRESAUDIO after a factory reset which could be a problem if you are selling your A6/A8. The buyer would get free access to your accounts… This is not good and should be changed.

Logging out before factory reset might do the trick but this is only a work-around for those who remember it.

Lesfetes, Miki222 and Nutul like this.
  8. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Two most important things. Tidal Connect not working properly. And Samba problems. The router is, of course, restarted. The computer too. Eversolo restored to factory settings after the update.

9. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

No issues with Tidal Connect here, works well as before. Also I like the queue functions. No network problems either with the alpha firmware

Johnny Ericsson likes this.
  10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I'm no computer scientist but I'm so glad that I've never had any issues since day one, not even after this alpha firmware. Knock on wood.

11. Jammer

Jammer Member

Hi, really impressed from this long awaited PEQ!!!
    Great work guys!
    Only 5cent comment on it: is it possible to have separated L and R PEQ settings for profile?
    In my case i have asymmetric room and REW measures imposes to correct only one side.

Could it be feasible for next releases?
    More than spectacular could be to Stereo FIR PCM as an option (perhaps it could be also lighter than PEQ)
    Many thanks for so huge and kind support to users needs: really you're breaking all of our expectations!

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Reproduced it, will be fixed in next ALPHA version,

RolandG, pentax0373 and Jason R like this.
  13. mirror

Reproduced it, will be fixed in next ALPHA version,

14. Charles C

Charles C New Member

another suggestion is when you output to dac the volume is not set to bypass automatically you need to set it or the volume control in the eversolo a6 can varies the output. Many people i believe did not notice and the output level to external dac can become very low and not fixed which can cause people to think the output is bad.

another wishlist.

could we also have tidal download options?
    thanks

15. mirror

There is a volume passthrough mode switch in settings.
    Nope, we are not allowed to do this.

RolandG likes this.
  16. pentax0373

pentax0373 New Member

As I wrote in some other topic for possibity of EQ on DMP-A6...Hope Dies Last :).
    @mirror, respect for you and team for dooing such a support and updates. Keep up the great work.

17. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Congrats again @mirror

You listened to us and you delivered. Kudos to you. I hope the final version is as good as this alpha

Joao Correa likes this.
  18. Nikolay Gramchev

Nikolay Gramchev New Member

@mirror - the most wanted by me functionality like EQ is rolling on! Great, great!!! Bravo!
    just a Q: any chance to suggest when alpha stage will be finished and the 'final' will be released?
    and just a suggestion: someone already asked if the EQ could be done for L / R channels. I think that will overload the firmware so guess - no. But is it possible to introduce L / R channel simple Balance (again, please, do not go only-phone, support the speakers also).

Joao Correa and fofocho like this.
  19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

+1 on simple L-R balance

SeeTeeShock likes this.
  20. RolandG

RolandG Member

Any chance to include the fix for accessing the settings in Apple Music Classical?