Alpha version v1.2.37 for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I think the arrow graphic on the Cast page for the EQ shows the sequence of application of Gain, then GEQ then PEQ. You can have all of them, some of them or none, just toggle the on/off switches.

2. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I’ve just updated the iOS ap (not the Alpha firmware) and have lost all of the queue artwork in Amazon. I can’t be sure, but I think that there’s a new icon (looks as though it’s meant to represent pictures (outline of mountains and a sun), but operating this doesn’t do anything apart from minimise the blanks meant to contain the cover artwork. Am I doing something dumb? Also, the really annoying ‘snap-back’ from edit after dragging a single track still remains.

3. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I now have the A8 in the house and updated the iPad app. No firmware updated, just the iPad app.

I was able to add a local track in the play queue (play next) of an album from Tidal but cannot add tracks from Qobuz or HighResAudio to the queue…

The album art from Tidal is not shown with this album but it does show the local music album art…

IMG_0146.png

4. Bergholdt

The A6 (without firmware update) will not let me add a track (from Tidal) to a play queue from an album playing from Tidal.

Was that not the idea? Being able to add single tracks (or even a whole album) to a play queue?

IMG_0148.png IMG_0147.png

5. Bergholdt

I will update the A6 to this Alpha firmware and see if it changes anything.

6. Bergholdt

With the Alpha firmware on the A6, I now see album art in the play queue from Tidal and I can add a local track too.

But there does not seem to be a way to add whole albums or tracks to the play queue from any of the other streaming services.

IMG_0151.png IMG_0152.png IMG_0150.png IMG_0153.png

7. Bergholdt

But Qubuz and HIGHRESAUDIO do work too in the sense that I can add a single local track to a play queue from both those services.

IMG_0154.png IMG_0155.png

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  8. Bergholdt

But of course the A8 with the iPad / iPhone app now looks weird, so I guess a new firmware is coming for that too?

IMG_0156.jpeg

9. Bergholdt

Found it :)

To add an album to the play queue, click the 3 dots… Works across streaming services… Nice :D

IMG_0159.jpeg IMG_0157.png IMG_0160.jpeg

10. Bergholdt

Single tracks can be added too across services…

IMG_0161.jpeg IMG_0163.jpeg

11. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Thanks for your efforts :) - I’m now away for a few day, so won’t be able to update to the Alpha, but at least I now know it wasn’t just me going crazy! :confused:

Jammer likes this.
  12. Miki222

Miki222 Member

For those who have not yet installed or are afraid. see what goodies await you in the new Alfa. Screenshot_20231216-204845_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210233_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210246_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210326_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210338_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210416_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231216-210539_EverSolo Controller.jpg

RoDa, Amrut, Alan Rutlidge and 4 others like this.
  13. Bergholdt

Also 3 dots in album view will give you options…

IMG_0165.jpeg

Peter Wallop likes this.
  14. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

YouTube??

15. Bergholdt

Youtube music works (sideloaded) but I don’t have it…

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    fofocho likes this.
  16. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

So far I find the EQ implementation EXCELLENT. It is super handy to have different configs and within them, the option to choose PEQ or GEQ. The PEQ is very powerful, 10 bands with freedom to choose the frequency, gain, Q and type of filter is incredible. And you can tweak it while listening to music, so you can know instantly how sound changes. Above my expectations. WELL DONE ZIDOO @mirror

17. Inti

Inti Active Member

Radio beta vs the new Radio calm any different ore which is better you opinions please haven’t installed the new Alpha

18. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

Audials play. The best APP for radio streaming.

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

And I though you were all jazz, piano and trumpet... :-D
    P.S.
    This update is gorgeous!!!

bob and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  20. Bergholdt

The hybrid play queue and the functionality behind it is very nice. And the new A6 front screen with ‘favorites’ at the buttom is nice (even if I don’t use the A6 screen that much). I haven’t used the EQ as I will be using the A8 going forward. I want to try out the DSP (with measurements from Room EQ Wizard).

:D And I do mostly listen to quiet jazz, electronica and some classical (soundtracks). Heavy Rock / Metal isn’t really for me :)

https://www.last.fm/user/bergholdt

I have had a LAST FM account since 2005 where my listening habits can be seen. Not all streaming services work with it, though.

I was a Jazz Club booker for 8 years (unpaid in my spare time) so jazz and jazzy electronica is 75% of what I listen to…

Peter Wallop and Nutul like this.