Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

I had already installed and now waiting for next version so i can get rid of that problem
    All this time my zidoo 2600 was showing incorrect color /yuv or HDmi is not properly synced from sdr to hdmi. I found out tsetting device to vs10 HDR turn off and turn back on than play HDR movies. it plays well.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, jittery as hell.

All I can say at the moment is Apple.

There is no general issue with AVC (h264 or x264), high bitrates (the box is happy past 400mbps), HFR (59.94 and 60fps are not a problem), so this seems to be something Apple introduce into the mix but I've no idea what at the moment.

There are a few oddities - the playback is at the wrong speed which means frames are being lost. If you remove the audio track, playback improves and speed is more correct, but is not perfect and playback looks to be interlaced even though the video is obviously progressive scan.

And if I play back on a PC with both VLC and MPC-HC playback is abysmal and in VLC it's in Portrait! Playback on a Dune is equally terrible.

So yeah. Apple. Meh.

KJC likes this.
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

4. Markswift2003

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

On my PC and laptop, both running Windows 11, the file plays really smooth using VLC or the W11 Film & TV app.

6. KJC

KJC Member

All the "JellyFish" samples are in 30 FPS and the iphone video files that I'm tryin to run are in 60FPS.
    Can we get 4K 60FPS 200-300mpbs sample clips to check the compatibility?

Higher Framerate might cause the stutter/Jitter?

7. KJC

KJC Member

Where can I get 4K 60FPS 300-400Mbps sample clips?
    I guess JellyFish samples are in 30FPS with different containers and bit-rates, aren't it?

Also My PC run all these vids smoothly then why can't Z9X pro as its a Media player and should be able to handle all types of media. Isn't that the reason we buy Zidoo over Nvidia Shield?

8. sandyj

sandyj Member

So the whole point with the Jellfish files is to use them to make sure the playback chain is working correctly and you can optimize the system for that first as many issues here are not the Zidoo necessarily but the configuration of the whole chain or settings related in your devices. If you continue to have issues it may help if you describe how your system is setup as there are many ways to do this and some are not best practice when trouble shooting.

That file should playback fine.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  9. KJC

KJC Member

I guess its not Apple as I can run 4K 30FPS.MOV or 1080p 60FPS files recorded by 14 pro max smoothly.

Will this issue ever be resolved by Zidoo team?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  10. KJC

KJC Member

One more issue detected.

My display supports 3D but Z9X pro shows 3D: Not Supported in EDID details so it wont detect 3D signal and play 3D automatically.
    Anybody's ever encountered such issue?
    How to enable 3D support?
    Is there any fix?

upload_2023-12-6_13-6-46.jpeg

11. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

12. sandyj

sandyj Member

Same here no problems with playback which makes me think somethings up with some users setups that's not actually the zidoo at fault.

13. Markswift2003

Yep, if file delivery and integrity is robust there definitely should be no issue at 250Mbps.

14. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Sony OLED A84J EARC port connected to vertex 2 upscale and zidoo connected to vertex 2 I have got sound bar LG Sn11RG connected to vertex 2. And i use sandstrom HDMI cable.

15. KJC

KJC Member

Anyone?
    Please!

16. Markswift2003

As far as I know that's just a bug in reporting the EDID and 3D files should play fine.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The Zidoo range are designed for movie\tv (and audio) playback - hence the work on the bundled Ht4 app. Most UHD movies never go beyond 100 mbps and 99% have frame rate of 24 fps. The Jellyfish vids are great to verify throughput. As long as the 140 mbps file plays smoothly you are good to go.

There are a few HFR movies out there - Gemini Man being the obvious example. That is 60FPS with peak bit rates of around 80-90 mbps and it plays just fine on my Z9X Pro.

KJC likes this.
  18. KJC

KJC Member

So just for a fun I tried installing Asphalt 9 Legends on Z9X pro....I know its not a Xbox or for gaming purpose....:D

What is the easiest way to connect a gamepad?

upload_2023-12-6_21-24-35.jpeg

It also popped this notice.
    Z9X pro runs 32bit android and not 64bit?

upload_2023-12-6_21-26-20.jpeg

Frostb!te likes this.
  19. KJC

KJC Member

Not able to connect gamepad with Z9X pro?
    Are there any guidelines to follow?

20. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

What did you try? Bluetooth or USB?