Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. So every UHD title wich has Dolby Atmos/Dolby True HD or a standalone Dolby True HD track has no sound since the latest firmware.

I will check normal bluray tomorrow.

When selecting the Dolby Digital track my video playback issues dissapear....so there is a connection between Dolby True HD and video playback issues.

2. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

It all seems a bit crazy that all of these problems are happening.My system is 22tb using 5 WD REDs which are housed in a Terramaster DAS (not nas) connected with a cheap USBc cable to,wait for it, a zidoo h6Pro running the last firmware made for it.I have never had any problems with stuttering or sound drop outs.Everything that I have are 2160p MVK Remuxes. Atmos works fine and so does anything DTS.Just out of interest,does anyone know how old the h6pro is now,its a great little thing.

3. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

It is crazy to me. Everything online praises these things as amazing. Hard to believe there is such intermittent problems that vary between people. Maybe Zidoo quality control is going to crap, I have no clue. Maybe I’ll just return it and get a different player and see if it’s the same. Curious to hear if the clip I uploaded plays fine for others.

4. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

I was going to replace the H6 with z9x pro at the end of the year,just for the poster wall as mine does not have it,but now I think I will wait to see if the bugs are ironed out.Why should I potentially mess things up just to have a fancy poster wall.I will wait.

5. imeDB

imeDB New Member

no, sorry, it doesn't stutter at all
    played over 1Gbps network on my Z9X Pro with 1.0.65
    the test file has a high bitrate, true, but less than jellyfish 300mbps which works best in my tests

6. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

Thanks for the feedback and testing! I’m going to factory reset it and try again. If that doesn’t work then I’ll upgrade to the latest beta otherwise it’s getting returned.

Is thaf jellyfish clip something you can share? I’d like something to try that can really put my player to the test.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Played fine for me. No stuttering. I assume this five minute sample you made also stutters for you?

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

https://www.larmoire.info/jellyfish/

My Z9X Pro can play the highest bit rate on offer there with just minimal stutter.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Late to the party, but downloaded, copied to a network share, played and absolutely no issues.

You do have auto frame rate on don't you?

11. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

Yep sure does! Tested that before I uploaded it. Crazy! Well at least I know it’s not the clip. Are you all on the latest beta?

12. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

No it was off by default so I’ve left it that way. I’m pretty sure I did test turning those options on though and it didn’t make a difference. What do you recommend having it set as? Just frame rate or both frame rate and resolution?

13. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Just tested this myself on my old trusty H6Pro running its last software update.Picture played flawlessly and no problems with the DTS-X sound.Not sure if this could help anyone,hope it does.

14. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

Just tried it again using both auto frame rate options and does the same thing. I’ll try a factory reset and then upgrade to latest beta. I’m just on 1.0.58 right now.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I would always have at least match frame rate. That will ensure smooth playback.

16. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

you are struggling for some reason.
    did you know that there is a newer version that fixes many bugs. it had to be uploaded immediately and then tested.

17. chrisolson91

chrisolson91 New Member

A newer version as in the beta versions? I thought I updated it to latest stable version when I bought it but maybe not?

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Problem is ,almost everyone having any big issues atm is using some form of NAS

Those of us just using smb to a PC or direct usb hdd to the Zidoo ,are having no issues
    That to me suggests its a NAS issue ,not the zidoo

A newer version as in the beta versions
    This thread is for the .65 beta ,so your .58 makes it hard to test things and see what you are seeing

19. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

So nobody is having issues just using a USB connection,if so then I will go ahead and buy it.

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

some minor things like Custom EDID is being lost occassionally (being worked on) and maybe some micro stutters ,a few ppl are getting,but generally nothing bad
    (Thats coming from someone that doesnt use HT but the direct mediaplayer ..HT has some minor issues but ,well ,doesnt it always :p )