Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

:). If it happens again I will put that particular movie on an SD drive and connect it to the Zidoo. That should get me troubleshooting….

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. James Webb

James Webb New Member

I think they are all cat5e.
    freegovernmentiphones.com

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I use cat5 and cat5e ethernet with a gigabit switch. I don't see stuttering.

4. KJC

KJC Member

Whenever I'm pressing back button to come on playlist the screen would go blank for 2 times. Happening with every other playback. after pressing back button for two times screen would blink to blank screen.
    Is it normal?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like HDMI resync, so yes, normal - it's the TV that does it, not the Zidoo.

6. KJC

KJC Member

I've few 3D rips(TAB) but the z9x wont detect it itself and I always have to select 3D-settings-3D TAB.
    Is there any way that it will detect itself? Also whenever I'm playing a 3D movie, the UI/OS stutters and becomes more sluggish.
    What can be done?

7. KJC

KJC Member

Its reallly annoying.
    How to get rid of it?

8. Markswift2003

HDMI will resync on a change in frame rate and/or HDR Mode and/or resolution.

9. KJC

KJC Member

Sorry not getting it.
    Can it be corrected in settings? or You mean I need to change HDMI cable?

10. Markswift2003

When frame rate and/or HDR Mode and/or resolution changes, the HDMI signal has to resync. This usually means a black screen for between 3 to 5s.

It can be reduced by using settings that reduce these occurrences.

For example, set Resolution to 3840x2160@23Hz and set Frame Rate Mode to Frame Rate only.

KJC likes this.
  11. KJC

KJC Member

Honestly I was really happy before having Zidoo Z9X pro.
    Just needed to connect HDD to my OLED TV and that's it! No resync issue and no need to carry extra remote as well.

12. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

I have the Zidoo Z2600 and I was told their are no control 4 drivers for any of these products. My dealer was able to find an old Zidoo driver from 2019. But on the general forums pages they say no Control 4 support. Not even for Eversolo products. If you know of a Control 4 driver can you post the name of the driver that works with your Z1000. I can pass it along to my C4 guy to see if it will work with my Z2600. Zappiti had great C4 support for their products.

13. Markswift2003

Sorry, I'm a Crestron programmer and have never used Control4.

This is the only Control4 driver I'm aware of - assuming this works using the IP protocol I'd expect it to work with all devices - certainly the Crestron module I wrote years ago works universally over IP:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

14. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

is the control4 drivers download in english? It either takes a long time to download or it will not download.

15. KJC

KJC Member

Why cant Zidoo detect 3D(TAB) signal itself and turn 3D mode ON? My OLED TV does it itself.
    Its very annoying to turn the feature on manually while the OS/UI stutter like hell.
    Any solution to this?

16. vads1972

vads1972 New Member

I expected it to find it in this topic, but didn't. So, hereby:
    - is there an instruction on how to remove apps from the lower shortcut bar on the main screen?
    - is there an instruction on how to name directories/files with media, for the ZDMC to scrape them correctly?

If so, please share!

17. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

When you list the apps to add to the shortcut bar, apps that you already add have check marks on them. To remove them, just remove the check marks.

vads1972 likes this.
  18. KJC

KJC Member

Anybody can explain the importance of Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode function?

Keeping it "OFF" have solved the "Screen blank" issue.
    Earlier it was set as "Match frame rate and resolution" as suggested by 1st post but the it would introduce blinking of screen for 2 times which was irritating.

19. KJC

KJC Member

Zidoo support APK installation?
    Can I install VLC or Any other Video player?

Not able to play 4K 60FPS videos(.MOV) recorded collected from Iphone 14 pro.

20. sandyj

sandyj Member

Does your C4 have serial control if so it should be easy enough to build your own driver zidoo have a document on the RS-232 controls on there website the Z2600 i believe also has the serial connection for this as does the Z2000. It also appears you may be able to send direct http requests to the zidoo if C4 supports that.
    Take a look here as well
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/control4.html
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/rs232.html

I will build a serial zidoo driver for my Z2000 unit using a URC control system soon if anyone wants that I can post it here latter.