Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Compared Side by Side, mostly with 1080p and 2160p SDR content but no visible difference was seen.
    Even HDR or DV content looked the same.

Either I'm doing something wrong with the settings or Zidoo isn't for me.

2. supermood

supermood Active Member

my feeling is if you don't want to be an beta tester and participate in the forum to name everything you've found (without any feedback at all or even guarantee that it will be addressed in the future) then zidoo is nothing for you ;)

about quality. I have neither tested it not have done an side by side or anything. it's only my personal feeling that the dv picture is having more depth on my oled looks nearly like 3d in a dark room. but maybe not different than earlier. cannot be sure..

KJC likes this.
  3. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

This may sound like a silly question. I have a Yamaha RX685 receiver, which receives HDMI inputs from all my consoles. Will it passthrough all video formats outputted by Z9X PRO when the receiver is set to direct mode? VS10 and LLDV as well? The receiver only supports HDR (not HDR+) and DV with BT2020 color gamut. I guess, these specifications are crucial only when the receiver is processing the video signal. If that is the case, what is the limiting factor of the receiver when receiving the signals from the Z9X PRO? The HDMI bandwidth? The receiver is capable of processing 4K 60Hz.
    If HDMI bandwidth is dictating the limits of passthrough what would be the level of cap with regards to various signal formats of the Z10X Pro? Dolby Vision?
    Please help me to understand the technical details.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Without seeing the EDID it isn't possible to say exactly what the spec is, but I assume it's HDMI 2, so from what you've said, it should pass all video formats in all modes except HDR10+.

HDMI bandwidth per mode at 4K is as below:

HDMI Modes v2.png

5. KJC

KJC Member

I'm feeding zidoo Z9X pro a video recorded from my Iphone 14 pro with 4K 60FPS, showing bit rates of about 150mbps. Can anyone tell me why its stuttering and not playing smoothly?

6. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

The receiver has HDMI 2.1 and (4K / 60p, 4:4:4) (HDMI Input: HDCP 2.3, HDR10 / Dolby Vision™ / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
    So it will not pass HDR 10+? )-:

7. Markswift2003

If it has HDMI 2.1 then it should support HDR10+

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

9. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

I have the Z9X and believe it’s a known issue that it can have stutters with very high bitrate 4K content. Fixed with Pro? In general worth to upgrade?

10. Markswift2003

Not a known issue at all and never has been - both my Z9X and Z9X Pro will play the 4K 400mb/s Jellyfish demo with no problems.

I had a Z9X in my cinema for the last 3 years (now using the Pro) and I can honestly say I never once had any issues with playback, stuttering or otherwise. I only use it for 4K and mostly BD remuxes.

In general, worth the upgrade, but be prepared for a few niggles while firmware is ironed out.

PhenixS1970 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

12. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

Thank you Mark (could be my home network/setup. I have a wired connection to a Synology DS918+ with extension bay).

13. supermood

supermood Active Member

I've also the 918 with extension and not one problem with stuttering the last years with a shield and now z9x pro. not even with a 120 gig movie. maybe check your cables I have only cat7, only 1gbit switches..

14. PhenixS1970

PhenixS1970 New Member

I think they are all cat5e, installed in wall through the house but I do have 1gbit switches. NAS is in the basement so the cables go up to our dedicated ht on 2nd floor.

15. Markswift2003

All my cabling is bog standard CAT5E, probably several miles in total, installed in 2006 with 10 managed switches, 5 WAPs and between 100 and 120 clients depending on kids' devices connected.

16. browelly

browelly New Member

I have a wired connection from my router upstairs via a switch downstairs and had stuttering. I did some troubleshooting and discovered I had no problems streaming the same content wirelessly.

I logged into the switch's management page and discovered that the connection was running at 10Mb/s! I had two legs of Ethernet cable running into an RJ45 panel, running outside the house and back into another panel downstairs. I discovered the cable I was using between the router and that first RJ45 panel was bad on replacing it instantly hit 1Gb/s again and all was golden.

17. Markswift2003

Cabling can be a problem - long lengths, particularly if coiled can cause issues and particularly with 1000Base-T because that uses all 4 twisted pairs (whereas 100Base-T only uses 2) and if there is one cable in one pair that is connected badly it will fail over to 100Base-T.

Never seen anything fail over to 10Base-T though :) - at that point it usually just fails completely!!!

18. browelly

browelly New Member

Yep, crazy. I also just couldn't understand how all my initial media scraping was going so slowly.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Yep - if I had a dollar/pound/euro for every post where I see "there's nothing wrong with my network" ( or indeed "there's nothing wrong with my files...") I'd probably have enough for a good night out!

And I tell you what - I'd bloody enjoy it :)

xskip, PhenixS1970 and Deano86 like this.
  20. KJC

KJC Member

Can Zidoo Z9X play videos recorded from iPhone?

I'm trying to play 4K 60FPS and it stutters a lot.
    What might be causing it? Is there any solution?