Z9X PRO DTS problems LG TV

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Muyfa666, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

I just got my Z9X PRO and I'm mostly very happy with it.

I have a big issue thou; I'm using it with my LG TV that does not support DTS Passthrough.

When watching a MKV with a DTS track, I only get stereo PCM, and not multi channel PCM.

Are there anyway to this with DTS like in my setup?

Lots of my backups have DTS, and if I can't play them like multi channel, the Z9X PRO will be of no use to me.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No - although the hardware is capable of it, it's not licensed for multichannel DTS transcoding, only stereo downmix.

3. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Only the newer LG C3/G3 line support DTS Passthrough. DTS, DTS-X works great on my z2000 pro with a LG C3

4. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

I came to this understanding even before hearing from y'all.

I bought a HDFury Arcana 2 and that will most likely solve all my audio issues. Oh well.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, that'll fix it :)

Muyfa666 likes this.
  6. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Or get a TV that supports it.

7. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

Not gonna happen right, but I've thought about it.

8. geebolt

geebolt Member

I have an LG G1 and maybe I'm missing something but why not connect the Zidoo to your processor then pass the video to your TV? It works perfectly for me.

9. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

Yep, that's a good idea. And it works fine. :)

geebolt likes this.
  10. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Zidoo |Z9X PRO >LG C9>earc>av receiver and no problem with any sound.Zidoo is set to RAW .Oled to passtrought to AV Receiver. Both Oled and AVR have earc.

11. Oleksiy Galas

Oleksiy Galas Member

LG Oled had lost DTS licenses from 2020 models
    X models last that support DTS codecs

12. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

You can buy Spacetronik SPH-RAE04 4K 4/1 HDMI audio deembedder/extractor . It works for me. Quite cheaper than HDFury.

13. Oleksiy Galas

Oleksiy Galas Member

DTS and DTS-HD passthrough works well. The problem is in AUTO mode. I have described here

14. pakos

pakos New Member

Greetings. I wanted to ask for advice, I have an LG G2 TV that doesn't support DTS, the same thing as the Klipsch 1200 soundbar that doesn't support DTS. What could I do to hear DTS audio?

15. fpinna

fpinna New Member

Does it support Dolby Vision?

16. Święty

Święty New Member

Simillar setup in my case, but a bit different wiring.
    Zidoo Z9x pro -> SAMSUNG HW-Q990B -> LG OLED G1.

Works like a charm, everything ;)

17. essam

essam New Member

zido z9x pro-philips b95/10-lg oled b9sla, works maxim 1080p

zido z9x pro-lg oled-works 4k

directly sounbar maxim 1080p,everything else (shield,dune)works 4k,directly

18. ToniBas1

ToniBas1 New Member

Hi there. I have an lg c1 with eacr, connected zx9pro to lg and lg to marantz 50 earc. And result is no dtshd output. How you did it? Thx for answering

19. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

LG C1 does not pass through DTS at all. You will need to connect the Z9X Pro to one of the Marantz HDMI inputs and run it through there.

You can also connect a optical cable from the Z9X Pro to the Marantz, but then you will only get standard DTS, not HD etc.

20. ToniBas1

ToniBas1 New Member

Thx!!!