Pls Help Test Z9X with Oppo 203

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Apr 17, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

No perfect device out there right now, they all have their shortcomings. AppleTV has issues, Shield Pro has issues, none of the Zidoo devices even do FEL or EL layers for DV. But a player like Oppo 203 covers all the right formats, it just requires file conversion to .TS for some of the obsecure DV file playback etc. But even Oppo doesnt do the latest CMV4.0 DV, only v2.9 so they are all coming up short right now.

2. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Ugh.....we're Doomed.....

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Shield Pro comes close with all the formats supported and CMV4.0 compatiblity - its random downside is the red tint push in DV. Something they can fix but it hasnt happened for years now and no new model either so maybe we are doomed.

4. Jimbo Randy

Nvidia will 100% never fix that. I think the Shield is effectively abandoned. I highly doubt they'll come out with a new Shield. They most definitely will not fix the red push DV profile 7 issue. They have absolutely no incentive to lol. Unfortunately the Red push basically ruins things. Also the shield doesn't do FEL. It acts like the Zidoo and treats it like MEL. So in that sense, I think it's worse than the Zidoo. The red push kind of ruins any benefit that CMV4.0 is going to have in my opinion.

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Nvidia wont fix their issue, Zidoo wont give us full FEL profiles and so on. I am sticking to my Oppo 203.

6. Jimbo Randy

Does the Oppo need you to convert files to .TS?

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Anything that's not in a BDMV folder, needs to be in TS container for DV yes. Majority of my content is full discs so I dont have to mess with .TS too much.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  8. Jimbo Randy

@B0RN FEL works on the Ugoos AMB6+ with CoreElec fyi. There's one other device combo that works too but I'm not familiar with it. The u22jx or something.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I dont even know what a Ugoos AMB6+ with CoreElec is?

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  10. Jimbo Randy

Lol I didn't either until a few weeks ago. It's another one of those android hackbox players or whatever. Looks to be from 2021 so a bit old. But coreelec is a forked Kodi OS. So you install CoreElec instead of the Android OS and somehow FEL works. Don't ask me the technical information of why because I do not know lol. But I can confirm that does indeed work.

That being said, I would not really call the player "stable" as it does have some wonkyness. I wouldn't use it for my main player, but it does appear to play DV MEL/FEL without issues, and the FEL playback includes the EL layer definitely.

B0RN likes this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Understood, I will stick to my Oppo 203 for DV goodness for now.

Jimbo Randy likes this.