UHD5000 stuttering in 4K MKV with TrueHD Atmos?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by shiftedmirrors, Oct 18, 2023.

1. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I’m wondering if this only affects models with dual hdmi output, I had the same problem with my 2600, as well as countless other problems so its since gone back. My Z9X and UHD3000 are both working flawlessly - I would stick to the 1619DR models!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, it's only the 1619BPD players and replicated on a Z9X Pro.

Seems to be something odd in the way some THD track are laid down, but doesn't affect the DR models.

The BPDs will come into their own once the firmware niggles are ironed out I'm sure.

3. Kris168

Kris168 New Member

Can confirm that I also have this issue with my recently purchased Z2000 pro. When playing the Atmos TrueHD track stuttering appears, but when I switch it back to a 5.1 or 7.1 regular Atmos the issue is not present. Weirdly enough this problem is worse on my remux of Avatar: The Way of Water than it is on my Avatar (2009) remux.

gymnos likes this.
  4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

No issues with stutter on the Z9X Pro ,when playing DV Dolby Atmos (or any other types TBH )
    And ive played 20-30 full movies in MKV ,Iso and Full complete Bdsm images

5. Kris168

Kris168 New Member

As a little sidenote while playing around with the settings today I noticed that if the file playing has a lossy dolby atmos mix, and that gets chosen for playback, lowering the volume on the zidoo completely or just muting it in general falls back to dolby surround which in my case produces no sound. Don't know if it's intended, just wanted to mention it.

6. Markswift2003

Volume has no effect on bitstreams unless you go to zero, in which case it gets muted - ie the bitstream is cut off.

I suspect what's happening is your amp doesn't like that and because there is no signal, the amp (not the Zidoo) fails over to Dolby Surround. It should return to the bitstream when volume is raised above mute, but again, the volume "level" has no effect.

7. sabre133

sabre133 New Member

Any update on this post?

I got a zidoo z9x pro.
    Trying to play Atmos TrueHD 7.1, but i only get a stutter. When playing 5.1 it plays normally.
    HDMI Audio is put on RAW and SPDIF audio also on RAW. Pass-through amp is off and frame rate mode is on 'Match frame rate only'

I've the latest version of the Z9X pro (1.0.52).
    The Z9X Pro is in HDMI slot 1, and audio is in HDMI slot 2 with eARC.
    The beamer i play on is a Benq TK700STI.

Speaker setup, Sonos arc, sub3 and two 300 era's.

gymnos likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Yep - fixed in the next update due any time soon (supposed to be this week but hey!)

9. sabre133

sabre133 New Member

Nice :) good to hear. Thanks for the quick reply.

10. Outlooker

Outlooker New Member

Has this problem already been fixed?
    I would like to buy UHD5000 but rather prefer that to be fixed already.
    I have to choose between Zidoo UHD5000 and Dune HD Max Vision.

11. Markswift2003

Yes, fixed.

12. Outlooker

Outlooker New Member

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.
    I know you are probably most experienced user here.
    What would you recommend more for playing video ?
    Zidoo UHD5000 and Dune HD Max Vision?
    It's hard for me to decide which model I should buy.

13. Markswift2003

The only reason I can see to go for a Dune over a Zidoo is BD menu support - Dunes are simply better at that - but that would be at the expense of slightly lower image quality (the new Zidoos use a newer SOC which has the edge over the old one for image quality) and a dreadful interface.

For MKVs, Zidoos are always the best choice in my opinion.

darqman likes this.
  14. Outlooker

Outlooker New Member

Thanks Mark
    I will be using it mainly for MKV's.

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

If I were you I would wait for the 'Dune Max Vision 8K' (Amlogic SoC) and see what it offers.

16. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

It sounds like they are having teething issues with that chipset too. I guess it depends on who is putting the most resources and effort into fixing things. Lately Zidoo has been pretty quiet at least as far as media players go. Maybe Dune may be more active. Still not sure what relation if any they have with R_Volution and their new player.

17. Markswift2003

R_Volution are simply the Zappiti guys "restructuring" the business after they went pop and went into compulsory liquidation. They use the same contractor as Dune for their boxes. They only used to write the applications and had nothing to do with the OS, firmware or application layer - I doubt that's changed - they're a very small company compared to Zidoo.

cbnbmore likes this.