How to get Apple Music App on eversolo?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by whodiini, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I have found that a side loaded Smarttube app for YouTube is possible to update from within the app on the DMP-6

2. j2j

j2j Member

Can you explain why Apple Music is in Apps not in Streaming?and why through “Cast”?
    I’m a newbie of A6 and only use Mac not Window or Android.

3. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Eversolo have access to the API of Tidal / Qobuz and others but not Apple Music. Very few have been allowed access to Apple’s API.

Having access allows them to use the music (from these ‘databases’) inside their own software so that we as A6 owners can control the music from Tidal / Qobuz via the Eversolo app.

Not having access to Apple’s API means that we can only control the music through the Apple Music app which is not ‘inside the Eversolo app’ and therefor can only be controled from the A6 screen or via the ‘cast’ function which is basically just a copy of the A6 screen being sent to your phone / tablet.

Look up what an API is if you like but it might be a bit technical - also for me :)

j2j and Nutul like this.
  4. kc001

kc001 Active Member

API => Application Programming Interface

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Very few have; and this may be because at Apple they do not want to spend time/resources in servicing various 3rd-party implementations which may not be done properly...
    Shame though, but this is how Apple works.

6. j2j

j2j Member

Thank for your expert explanation!!!!

7. j2j

j2j Member

Why 「It needs to be ‘Original sampling rate.」to use Hi-Res music?

8. Bergholdt

IMG_0042.jpeg
    The A6 is based on Android 11, so basically an Android phone.

Android and iPhones with the Apple Music app can show you on their screens that you have a Hi-Res Lossless file (up to 24bit/192khz).

BUT none of the phones can actually send that quality out to your headphones (even the ones with cabel).

This is because the DAC inside the phones and the software cannot handle these files.

So, Eversolo built the A6 with much better DACs than you have in a phone and they made the EOS engine (Eversolo Original Sampling-rate) software to handle this instead of the Android software. This EOS engine has to be turned on to handle the Hi-Res Lossless files from Apple’s servers.

You can get Hi-Res Lossless from your phone, if you use an external DAC and wired headphones.

Eversolo produce external DACs called H1 and H2. There is also a product called Dragonfly.

These external DACs look like a USB stick and you connect it to your phone at one end and your wired headphones at the other end.

IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0041.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    j2j and Inti like this.
  9. j2j

j2j Member

Thanks an again. I learn much from you.

10. velchinaski

velchinaski New Member

Hi
    Why I don't have any sampling data in my Apple Music ?

Attached Files:

11. Bergholdt

Did you set the Audio quality to Hi-res?

IMG_0094.jpeg IMG_0095.jpeg IMG_0096.jpeg IMG_0098.jpeg

12. velchinaski

velchinaski New Member

Everything working Ok Thanx

13. KJCy4

KJCy4 New Member

14. KJCy4

KJCy4 New Member

Is there any benefit to sideloading the Apple Music app as opposed to the version offered in “Apps”?
    Is it a better interface or, does it offer anything superior at all?

15. Bergholdt

Technically Apple Music is ‘sideloaded’ just by Eversolo as standard.

I’m not sure if we can see a version number in the Apple Music app but if you can find it, you can compare it to the Android version you can find as .apk online.

I don’t think Eversolo did anything to the Apple Music app available on the A6.

Topdude likes this.
  16. KJCy4

KJCy4 New Member

From your response it would seem “sideloading” wouldn’t be of much use.
    Now, if I could just figure out how to fix missing album art, etc. when ripping (factory) cCDs‍♂️
    Tak

17. Bergholdt

I don’t think sideloading Apple Music will make a diffence. But I haven’t tried.

Album art was stored as a jpg file next to my FLAC files, when I ripped my CDs and that is how Eversolo wants it on the internal SSD.

One Artist folder with Album folders inside. Then the FLAC (or Wav) files inside the Album folder including one jpg with the Album art.

But of course, the ripping software needs to be able to find the album info online, so it can automatically add it to your files. If not, you have to type all info manually including finding the album art manually and adding the jpg to your Album folder.

18. Here is my experience, in my DSP A8, I installed the default apple music, and all the settings i did to hi-res lossless and was seeing it is being played in 16/44.1kHz i read all the comments and tried everything and it is playing at 16/44.1kHz, i was really disappointed, as i listen most of the music through Apple music, then one of my friend recommended to play “beat it” by Michael Jackson or any old track and found its playing as 24/96kHz, and so I figured that the track i was playing is 16/44.1kHz. So apple music does stream in DMP-A8 or A6 in hi-res lossless just the track need to be on that format.

I downloaded Hotel California FLAC and played it through the internal player of A8 and it played as DSD128 / 5.64MHz.

One interesting thing i found is in DMP settings, if you turn “off” the eversolo original sampling rate audio engine, Doesnt matter what the track is or the source is(apple music/amazon music/tidal/Qobuz/Spotify) the sound quality is same as it is in 16/44.1kHz or in 24/96kHz. all track shows as 192kHz.

Hats off to eversolo for bringing apple music builtin with hi-res lossless, because via airplay apple music sound quality are reduced to 44.1kHz even for the hi-res lossless track. I have attached some of the screenshot for reference.

D2371D01-F78B-4CA7-A3FE-D0DCEDC77673.png 6C947E35-6ABD-4C19-876E-E2FF64CE32C5.png A51212B2-3E2D-4F2B-8FB2-6F9AD522718D.png F6CFFD3E-8F96-4516-9900-0A4E0B128FE1.png 15281BFB-837E-4419-BD9C-32DFF58DB19E.png 6A8590F7-8BF7-403D-8FE8-B0F75F83DCA5.png

Lesfetes and Nutul like this.
  19. JoseDLC

JoseDLC New Member

Hello, I have a lot of experience with Apple Music and Eversolo, I leave my conclusions because I think they can be useful to someone reading the posts. The first thing to say is that the version of Apple Music that comes installed is the same as the one installed on any Android phone, the difference with doing it manually is to opt for the latest versions first, and opt for some interesting options such as favorites within your library, share lists, etc. Regarding the quality of the songs, and assuming that it is configured at the highest quality, Apple does one thing, somewhat absurd due to its obsession with never stopping and the experience being the best, of playing songs that, for example, are 96 khz at 44.1, and it does it continuously on any device, also on Mac, my solution on the Eversolo is to configure the downloads at the highest quality, change to the SD card (eversolo's internal SSD) and download the music, like this form the download is in the highest quality and then plays it in the highest quality as well. And finally, regarding the integration of Apple Music in the native Eversolo App or in any other platform like Roon, I think it will never happen, I see a lossless Airplay 3 or the new Bluetooth protocols that are beginning to appear and that will arrive closer. at some point to transmit in the highest quality.

20. Rajiv

Rajiv New Member

I downloaded the latest apple nusic apk 4.7.0 and it doesn't work as I get the message that rooted devices are not supported