Z9X Pro issues

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Sneakygloworm, Sep 17, 2023.

1. nutzer

nutzer New Member

@Markswift2003

..and another one... edid of my tv...same problem(s).

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Cool - I'll try this later.

This should enable me to duplicate what your box does... I honestly can't see why it would cause video to freeze though. The only difference between both these EDIDs and modern ones is that they only support 1920x1080 and audio is restricted to 2 channel LPCM in both cases...

3. Markswift2003

With both those EDIDs, setting Auto is the same as selecting 2-channel LPCM since they only support 2-channel LPCM.

4. Markswift2003

@nutzer

Ok, I tried both your EDIDs with a variety of mkv files with AC3/EAC3 soundtracks. Using these EDIDs makes my box behave exactly the same as yours.

And I had no problems with either EDID. I tried SDR, HDR, DV files in SD, HD and UHD in various frame rates.

You said it doesn't happen with all files, which I missed before - can you PM me a link to a problem file using mega.nz or similar.

Out of curiosity I also tried some DTS and again, no problems.

5. nutzer

nutzer New Member

sure: here is a readily available 4k hdr 23p dolby demo-file from the kodi-wiki that freezes: https://mega.nz/file/nehDka6Z#C5_OPbSZkONdOp1jRmc09C9-viDc3zMj8ZHruHcWKyA

(just for completeness: https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
    it's demo nr. 10 from 4K (Ultra HD) Formats)

interestingly, however, this 29p offical jellyfish-demofile with dolby does NOT freeze: https://www.larmoire.info/jellyfish/media/jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv

problems occur with DTS as with dolby....

what's further interesting: if i enable info-overlay, i can see, that when (and while) freezing, timecounter jumps back and forth between 3 sec. and 4 sec. runtime...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  6. nutzer

nutzer New Member

managed to get a log of the freezing file... it's attached. i sent you the password via PM.

Attached Files:

7. Markswift2003

Still can't replicate - using both your EDIDs the file plays perfectly.

I'll pass the debug log onto the devs - I can see the file sticking at 3879ms but I have no idea why.

But they have replicated the freezing from previous logs provided, so hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

nutzer likes this.
  8. nutzer

nutzer New Member

Thanks, mark.

Now I also found some files with DTS track, that freeze. but if the devs can replicate, it should be fixed soon...fingers crossed..

9. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Getting frustrated with Z9X Pro and lack of a f/w update to at least fix the 3D issue. 2+ months of no updates is too long. Going to eBay it and Z9X and return to Dune Real Vision 4K Plus.

10. nutzer

nutzer New Member

yes..same here, zidoo really needs to get going NOW!!!!

11. nutzer

nutzer New Member

Can you send me a (your) custom edid, that might stop the freezing (while waiting for the firmware update)?

Also, I have the problem that HDR mode always bumps back to auto (from VS10-engine). might a custom edid also fix this problem?

12. Markswift2003

It's not an EDID problem, nor would a custom EDID fix it.

The reason I asked for your EDIDs is so that my Z9X will behave exactly as yours does when connected to your equipment.

I think this issue is related to PCM output, but as I say I was unable to replicate it with either your EDIDs or your files, but I believe the devs have managed to replicate and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming.

Also, there would be no point in you using any of my EDIDs since neither your TV or your projector support the video/sound modes in them - all you'd get is a blank screen unless you were very careful about how you set up video modes before enabling the EDID.