Z20 Pro unusable after a while

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Albaintor, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

After a fresh reboot, the playback of video files works correctly (HD or 4K, mkv/mp4...).
    But after a while, I don't know if it is a matter of time, navigation or usage, the device becomes unusable : the playback of videos seems to start but after a few seconds the video won't start and the interface lags.

I have to exit the video (that never started) to get a working interface. But no video can't start. I have to reboot the unit.
    I have the latest firmware available (1.0.52_G)
    How can it be possible ?

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Sounds like a typical memory leak issue on Android. This issue exists on my Z10 Pro too.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

This is not acceptable : I have to reboot it between 2 usages (let's say every days at least)
    zidoo are you aware of this ?

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

After a previous saving of your database in HT, you could try to do a factory reset.

That will be easy to redo the settings again and to restore your database in HT after the procedure.

5. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

I am not sure this is a matter of database : the unit is brand new, as the database, and the problem also occurs when playing a video from the media browser

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's certainly not an issue I've ever seen or heard of - I have a Z9X Pro (same SOC as Z20 Pro) that stays on 24/7 and a Z9X (same SOC as the Z10 Pro) that does the same, and neither have ever exhibited this behaviour, even in the early beta days (arguably, we're still in that period with the BPD boxes though).

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The database saving, that’s just to not have to rebuild your whole collection on the poster wall of HT after the reset.

8. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

Ok thanks for the advices, I did a factory reset and I'll let you know if the problem still occurs.
    Could it be related to the google play firmware that I installed instead of the default one without it ?

9. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

I can confirm that the issue still persists, even after a factory reset. How can this is be such unstable ?
    I have to reboot it each time I want to use it 50% of times, the videos won't start and the device laggs so much.
    Am I the only one in this situation ?

Venmaster likes this.
  10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I noticed similar on my z2000 yesterday. After watching several movies...it only heard sound and subtitles. After a restart everything was back to normal.
    Watching 1 movies is no problem

Venmaster likes this.
  11. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I have the same issue with the z2000 Pro whenever I move large amounts of data.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  12. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

This is not my case. I also have a nvidia shield player upstairs (also RJ45 wired) and it does not lagg at all.
    Also the DuneHD realvision 4K that I sold (based on the same chip as the Z9X) didn't have this problem either.

This is clearly a bug of zidoo's OS, probably things/memory not cleaned properly after playback

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. DrGiggles

DrGiggles Member

Same with Z9X Pro. Very unstable device, useless for watching movies.

14. Funkyone80

Funkyone80 New Member

"Albaintor,

Try Hard Reset- Flash on version V1.0.52, this is without Google Service. I had similar problems, but it helped me.

15. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

Thanks I tried but it won't let flash the firmware without google services as it says it is older. Anyway to force it ?

16. Funkyone80

Funkyone80 New Member

Albaintor,
    I can't paste the link. Search at web How to Flash Z20 Pro, this is the official page from Zidoo. Work as directed, if it doesn't help, you will have to replace the product. Sorry for my English.
    Flash is not the same as Factory Reset.

17. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

It seems obvious to me that there must be a memory leak somewhere.

18. Max B

Max B New Member

Hi,
    I’m experince the same thing but only with Home video clips filmed with Dji Pocket 2. I’m not sure why, but it lags, and the video and sound aren’t in sync. It’s driving me mad!
    Did you find out the reason? Has it been solved for you?

19. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Same here, it's ridiculous it was released like this.
    The only way I have found, for me, to get around this is do not connect any HDD's.
    Run the HDD's via LAN / Samba / network

20. Max B

Max B New Member

Yes, this is really ridiculous if it can’t be fixed!
    I bought the Zidoo Z20 pro for the sole purpose of having my content on hard drives connected. If this doesn’t work I will have to return the Zidoo.
    If anybody knows a way of fixing this please feel free to let me know ho to do this.
    Many thanks for taking the time.

darkeyes909 likes this.