Jellyfin AndroidTV Client Thread

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

But one more question. Which player do I have to select in the official JELLYFIN app so that it takes the native player from the zidoo box?

2. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Sorry for the delayed response.
    I have no other video player apps installed on my Z9X (VLC, ZDMC etc.), so I only have one default 'External app' that Jellyfin can actually select, which is the Zidoo player:

Screenshot_20230729-085002.png

3. Purple

Purple New Member

Does continue watching/resume playback as well as watched status work with the official app?

4. Working for me yes.

Purple likes this.
  5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I can also confirm official Android version works as well as custom Zidoo version on my Z9X.

Purple likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Guys - since this project is now long abandoned and it seems that people are happy using the official Jellyfin releases I'm thinking of taking this thread off sticky and replacing it with another sticky dedicated to the official release.

I tested the official release yesterday on a Z9X Pro and it seems to work fine with just one glitch where some content starts with a bit of an audio stutter for a couple of seconds - not quite sure of the reason - might be tied to DTS.

Any objections to this or any comments?

Sledgehamma likes this.
  7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yep, sure.

what’s not working with official client:

1. Loading screen:
    Jellyfin official:
    [​IMG]
    native HT:
    [​IMG]

2. Info Screen:
    Jellyfin official:
    [​IMG]
    native HT:
    [​IMG]

3. Chapter navigation does not work at all.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  8. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Makes sense.
    Can't replicate it with my Z9X. Maybe it only relates to the Pro?
    No & no. :)

9. Markswift2003

Ok, I decided it best to just change the title of this thread and modify the first post just so no-one has to restart conversations.

Six66Mike likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Quite possibly - I'll try test with a Z9X today...

11. Enet

Enet Active Member

I might have been the first on here to to use and report back on the official Android app and it does work well. But I was not able to play movies directly from blu-ray rips, so I have gone back to using the Zidoo app. If someone can find a way to make that work then I will start using it again.

12. Markswift2003

Tried on my Z9X and it does the same thing.

So far I've only seen it affect DTS-HD content although I do have DTS-HD content that is not affected, so that's not the complete picture...

Attached Files:

13. Markswift2003

Yep - I only use MKV but I converted a couple of MKVs to BDMV using TSMuxer and they don't play.

14. chadamir

chadamir New Member

You should report to the jellyfin team. Since they have Andy's code they may be able to provide a fix.

15. Enet

Enet Active Member

I looked through Andy's git updates and I assume I need to look for updates to direct path. But I couldn't find anything related. I'm not sure the dev team is going to want to unpick this.

16. chadamir

chadamir New Member

A dev could diff the code and probably easily find Andy's changes. I'm curious to here if it works if it's in iso. In an ideal world zidoo would have someone working to contribute.

17. Enet

Enet Active Member

Anyone can diff the code. The problem is we don't know which part and I don't think anyone is going to go through all the changes to find out. A dev would have to know what we are asking for and then be able to find the relevant code.

18. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

The Jellyfin Android TV app has essentially been completely re-written since Andys app. Direct path support is being dropped by Jellyfin hence why you no longer see that option.

19. Enet

Enet Active Member

So no more playing from blu-ray rips? If the Zidoo Plex app becomes less of a dev project I'm serious considering using it. Assuming it can handle blu-rays of course.

20. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

They won't touch the Zidoo fork, people have already tried asking them for help in their new forum.