Z9X Pro the Okay button freezes up.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Polypenko, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Yesterday I received my brand new Z9x pro mediaplayer.
    Network everything is connected via a cabled network.
    Initially I watched data from my Nas, but after I had watched a serie and I wanted to view the
    next file and nothing happened when I hit the Okay button.
    Only after a reboot of the Z9X pro I was able to view the next film.
    Since I was not sure if this was due to wrong settings in the Nas, I made a shared folder on my pc copied some series and today the same happened, after viewing file 1 I was not able to view the 2nd file.
    So the question is, is this a bug in the current software? or do I need to adjust certain settings in the z9x pro.
    Has anybody also encountered the same problem?

Looking forward to feedback and suggestions how to solve this issue.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I know we spoke about this on PM but I now wonder if the database is corrupted somehow.

I don't use my Zidoo for TV but I just loaded 4 series into HT and had no problems switching episodes or series - it all behaved as expected.

Can you access the episodes using Media Center?

3. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

No, both in the Media Center and HT is see my data but when I than select a different episode of film and hit the Play
    button nothing happens.

Only rebooting the z9x pro gets is working again.

4. Markswift2003

Can you give a specific set of steps to replicate this.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have tested this on my Z9X Pro which is connected to a Synology NAS. I found no issues playing next episode in TV series immediately after finishing previous. Also set playback in settings to play files in order. After completing one the next started correctly.correctly.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

As mentioned above, after I watch a series and than want to continue with the next the Okay button is unresponsive.
    Both on my Elite and the actual zidoo remote)
    To exclude problems with my Nas, I created a shared folder on my desktop.
    After watching it for 1 hour I was not able to continue with the next series / film.
    Now just tested is and it works fine, but both problems occurred after a certain period of time.

7. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

My setting is Defaulted to Single, should I change same?

8. Markswift2003

It shouldn't matter - mine's always on single play.

Could be a remote issue - You say the Play button is unresponsive, have you tried the OK button?

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What Mark says - I was just testing it worked OK if I played next file manually or automatically.

10. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Since I changed the settings to the prefered mode as advised on this forum, no problems
    playing files from my Nas to the mediaplayer.

Markswift2003 likes this.