Z9X stopped playing trailers

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Darrinb, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

For some reason, my Z9X has stopped automatically playing trailers on the info screen. Checked settings (I have it auto-play after 3 seconds I think) and rebooted, but still nothing.

Sidenote - When I actually click to play a trailer, any trailer, it has never worked (it just times out). I'm talking specifically here about the little trailer box on the movie info screen.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Online trailers have always been problematic because Google continually mess with their API to try and stop commercial companies using them. The problems also seem to be regionalised.

The only 100% reliable way is to use local trailers.

Darrinb likes this.
  3. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

Bummer. Oh well, was nice while it lasted:)

4. Markswift2003

Honestly, take some time and start to add local trailers - they work incredibly well, 100% of the time and you get to choose which trailer(s) you want and in what quality.

It literally takes an extra minute to add a trailer when you've added a film.

Darrinb likes this.
  5. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

I know it's easy...but not when you have a massive collection:(

6. Markswift2003

Take your time. Add a few when you get 5 minutes...

Darrinb likes this.
  7. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Tiny Media Manager can help you (TMM)
    I can help you with most...but some you have to do by hand ( or add by hand)

Darrinb likes this.
  8. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

I actually did try adding a few...for some reason, even local trailers aren't working! So there's definitely some weird issue going on which, would be the first real problem I've had since I got the unit. I'm still in love with this little thing and I've tried almost EVERYTHING:)

Anyways, here's what I've done to add local trailers:

Download either .mkv, .mov, add file to the movie folder, and change the filename to moviename.trailer

Am I doing something wrong?

9. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

Never heard of TMM. I'll do some research, thank you much.

10. Markswift2003

Did you turn on local trailers only?

11. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

Sorry, should have specified that in my post above. Yes, I turned it to local only, still nothing.

12. Markswift2003

and you changed the name to movieName.trailer.ext not just movieName.trailer?

13. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

DOH!! Probably should have tried that before I posted‍♂️
    Thanks (again) Mark!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ya, I had a face palm moment last night when I added John Wick Chapter 4 to HT4. But I noted that the trailers wouldn't play?... Zidoo kept saying that there were no compatible trailers! .. .but I had downloaded and put 3 of them in the folder for this title. Lo and behold, I forget to name the trailer including the year in the title like the movie actually was named! John Wick Chapter 4 (2023).mkv But the trailers were only John Wick Chapter 4-trailer-1.mov , etc. Doh!

15. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Online trailers still work for me :)