KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Why isn't this version on the Zidoo website yet?

2. DMD

DMD Member

I was also surprised by this new release, which I accidentally found on mcbluna site and not on the official one.
    I thank the developers for this new release.

3. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Seems like Kodi perform well in my old MiBox S than my Z9X. Not when it comes to audio & video quality but in browsing/navigating the menu. I have the same AH2 setup in both. Kodi/ ZDMC crashes a lot when I'm browsing in my Movie & TV Show Custom Hub in Z9X while in MiBox S didn't happen.
    I tried to lower the resolution to 1080p which I think Android TV limited it's UI to that but still the same. Any tips?

4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

perhaps you are on a non-standard skin? Standard skin works fine on 2160p (and looks good).

5. DMD

DMD Member

Works fine for me with skin AeonMQ 9 1.60.

6. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Works fine here, too but DV .mkv plays as HDR
    The other app - kodinerds plays fine DV is DV

7. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Yeah. For that reason I used FENtastic skin most of the time.
    I also have Real Debrid account and setup ZDMC just for streaming. I'm using TMDB & Trakt widgets... I think that make a difference with the performance compared if you have a local library.
    It's weird that the crashing issue I have is when I'm browsing widget in landscape mode which Artic Horizon 2 custom hub can't change. I already report this to AH2 dev and said it nothing to do with that.

8. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

I installed this ZDMC based on KODI 20.1 and it does not use Zidoo native player.
    Is it possible to use it with Zidoo native player?

regards
    kocurek7

9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

....WHAT??
    The use of Zidoos native Player shoud be THE Key Feature of ZDMC!

Are you sure? How have you determined that the native player is NOT used??

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It does use Zidoo native player. It works for me and a lot of people that installed it before.
    Push Info button on the remote to see what player is running. Full page of media info is from Zidoo player, single line of info is Kodi player.
    You can select Kodi or Zidoo player when in the list of titles and use popup menu. There is an option "Play using..."

11. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Sorry if this was answered but will this be added to the zidoo website or is it just distributed via the community?

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

ZDMC uses your Zidoo player Settings. So if you have DV set correctly with Auto or VS10, it will play DV (as it always has).

1GTRBG likes this.
  13. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

I think I figured it out.
    ZDMC based on KODI 20.1 cannot use native Zidoo player when using streaming addons.
    It works only with local files - context menu "Play using..."

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

anyone knows if continue watching status is possible in ZDMC? I can add it but no movies will show up there after I played it for a while and stopped, newly added movies does show up but if I can't get the continue watching then it's no point using it. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  15. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

It will not work if you're using ZDMC for streaming...

16. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

I figured it out - the problem was with hybrid file.

17. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

watching status only appears if you used Kodi software player for that particular movie.
    Using the default Zidoo hardware player, it does not show up separately in ZDMC (however, it will show in HT4!) but will still resume from where you stopped, as Zidoo bookmarks it.

18. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Create Trakt account then install Trakt addon...

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

ok, have done it, what configuration is needed to get the continue watching in Kodi UI?

20. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

If you're using Zidoo player as external player for Kodi, you should login to your Trakt account in HT4. And check the Trakt addon setting. I think it's called scrobbling... That must be activated and it automatically saved your watching progress and sync in your devices...

Gilgamesh likes this.