CD Drive Eject

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by B0bs4g3t, May 25, 2023.

1. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

Quick question that someone can potentially answer. I'm wanting to get an Apple SuperDrive to act as a cheaper transport and use to rip. How does one eject CDs from the drive? I do not believe the SuperDrive has any eject button on it

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Most software has also an Eject option.

3. B0bs4g3t

B0bs4g3t New Member

Thanks for the reply -- as in the DMP A6 would have an eject option on its interface?

4. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

maybe we can add a button for this function.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I have 2 CD drives and so far I have only managed to rip 10 CDs out of a collection of over 200 hundred.
    It seems not to like many of my CDs I can't tell you why. Very disappointing as this is one of the main reasons I bought the DMP-a6.
    The CD drives work fine on my computers so I don't really understand what is going on.
    I have checked the CDs for scratches and in the end, I tried a CD that hadn't even come out of the plastic wrap still it didn't notice or did and then just didn't rip it and hung there
    Now since the latest software update, if I get to the stage I can rip and start the process the device reboots itself.

I can see what they were trying to achieve with this device but it's a bug fest at the moment. I am really wondering if they tested all the features or if they thought they would just iron them out when people have spent the money and have the units it's a little disappointing.

6. Nice Monkey

@Claudia
    Very few people were using the external CD function for playing an ripping with the Zidoo media players. The CD-Ripper APP remained on V1.0 all the time. My own SATA test drive had also extraction problems when I tried it during a review for my Neo X. I guess there remains a timing issue with (some) drives?

Questions:
    - The same drives do play those CD's well and only have problems ripping? Both drive interaction processes work very different technically. One is normal CD reading and the other DAE (Digital Audio Extraction).
    - Please specify the brand and model for each.
    - They do play and above all rip well all CD's on a PC?
    This can help Eversolo with the debugging process.

Most people as myself use(d) a PC for ripping as the features coming with those APP's where far more advanced above all for bit-correct ripping, automatic track naming and MP3/FLAC ID3 tagging. I now see FW advances into that direction with Eversolo.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Hi
    There seems to be a miscommunication in our conversation everytime someone says a feature does not work you keep telling them you don't use it and you do this instead. Ripping CDs directly into the DMP-a6 was advertised as a main feature so it should work it does not matter if a few people use this method or not.

- As I mentioned the 2 drives I have work perfectly with my computer and I also can rip CDs to my computer with them with no problems
    - one is called BUNUD CT10 & Dell Slim DW316
    - There are hundreds of CD drives out there as they are relatively cheap

8. Nice Monkey

Sorry Claudia. Just trying to help you and others. Just explained that the problem is probably already over 2 years old and was reported by me then.

Unanswered question: Is it just a problem with ripping only and do the same CD's play normally? This is very relevant for debugging. Also explained the why of that as I do expect it to be a problem with DAE specifically.

I only can 100% agree with you that all advertised features must also work. That is why I try to help here.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

This is the thing when I first had the unit the CDs would play. Now they don’t rip or play.
    So I reattached to my computer and they play fine.

Sorry if seems I am getting at you it’s just frustrating

10. Nice Monkey

Thanks' Claudia. I do understand.
    Now up to Eversolo/Zidoo to fix. ;)

11. wcseow

wcseow Member

For me and from I can gather from the forum here, I will probably will not USB related features till maybe the 1.0.48 version is out.

The USB issues with some DACs, like my Accuphase, will not be resolved in 1.0.46 as a member had mentioned

Add :
    Looks like it's now 1.0.50 and changelog has fixes for some CD situation

Inti likes this.
  12. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi I’m a Accuphase DAC 60 owner to that can’t use the USB option frustrating!!!

13. wcseow

wcseow Member

I have DAC60 too. Fairly confident that 1.1.50 will get it to work.

Now I am using Coax to DAC60 and also XLR to E800 when playing higher res DSD files. So temp, the A6 takes over my CD player interface.
    Guess I am ok
    Lolx