Zidoo Neo S audio USB Player pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jerzy, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Many thanks to the forum experts for their help. Finally I took my old Zidoo Z10 pro, installed google compatible software on it and installed uapp. It's perfect, Tidal bitperfect with mqa plays flawlessly and music files from my disk. I wanted UAPP so much, I don't have an external dac - Denon PMA1700ne. Maybe someday there will be software for Zidoo Neo s with the option of uapp installation. Regards.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nope but I expect Tidal and other streaming service being supported directly on Neo players instead. Don't ask me when.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I feel your pain

4. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I got as far as installing a trial version with it recognising my library, however when trying to play it just wont. I just use music player and enjoy!

5. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I already have uapp installed on zidoo z10pro. Or maybe someone knows how to control uapp remotely from an android tablet in the same network?

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

"Zank Remote" is probably your best option.

7. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

I will share my opinion. I tried Roon with Zidoo Neo S, music from Tidal with full mqa and dsd from local files. I must admit that my subjective perception of uapp with Zidoo 10pro using hires and bitperfect drivers sounds better to me. Of course, only and exclusively via the USB audio output to an external DAC. In my case Denon pma1700ne. So the uapp option is better and cheaper. Can anyone share their opinion on this topic?

8. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Maybe one of the experts knows how to throw away the Zidoo neo s software to have a clean Android? In order to install the play store and uapp. There will probably never be a G firmware for the neo s.

9. lisamathew

lisamathew New Member

if you need it