Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

More than once it would seem.
    You don't have to read

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I didn't get a free or cheap Z9X but I'm still prepared to give Zidoo the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Last year we got a lot of betas in a short space of time so were a little spoilt. Although features were added and some issue fixed there does remain a lot of work to do - which TBH I don't think will get done on this box.

I've been using media boxes for years from the likes of Netgear, Popcorn, Dune and Zidoo. The experience has always been the same. Features gets added, bugs are squashed but never complexly - until they move on to the next box.

Overall though I'm happy with my Z9X as it plays everything. A few years ago the thought of playing full rip UHD disks in Dolby Vison seemed impossible. But look where we are now!

Jimibxl, xskip, crutzulee and 2 others like this.
  3. ofir

ofir Member

One bug is not fixed. All members of the site are male
    Not even one female
    google translate Translate to a girl Sorry

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    Netmask and darkeyes909 like this.
  4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi to all,
    I really have to say I don't understand the reason behind all these complaints. Let's talk about Z9X, Z10 or Z1000 Pro (I don't know about the other players more audio oriented and if they have some serious issues): isn't this last FW the most rock solid FW Zidoo ever released? Yes, and to my opinion, by far! Any file I have plays without an issue, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG and any kind of audio codec are all processed as expected. All plays like a charm from HDD or local sharing. I never face a crash or errors (and I want to underline this as I also use Z9X devices very intensely during shows with audio video partners - up to 8-10 hours in row)... and I can assure you can't say the same about other sources or players (Oppo BD 4K players, all the several clones or Nvidia Shield, to quote some examples).

I also recently found out that MadVR is using Zidoo Z9X as a source to demonstrate their Envy hi-end video processor (this was the case at recent ISE show and also at a Barco event). Do we want to assume that Mathias and his team got crazy? :p:D

I personally suggested hundreds of people to buy a Zidoo Z9x or Z10 (explaining very well what to use it for and how to set it up) and to date no one ever complained and most of them thanked me saying they finally got a player that actually works.

They're still some bugs or translation issues? Sure! But honestly, tell me one player or tech device that is perfect? No one is!
    We have been waiting several months now for a new FW? This is true! But in the meantime I have been using my two Z9X with total satisfaction! So when a new FW will be released I will be happy and will test it as usual... This will happen today, in a week or in a few months? I don't care because I'm already happy enough with this last FW! (and we all know it was a long journey to get to this point) ;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    skelton, sid6581, pcristi and 10 others like this.
  5. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Ah yes, good ol' MadVR.....I miss the days of tearing my hair out with a HTPC setup....not!

giangi76 and Markswift2003 like this.
  6. khollister

khollister Member

Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt

giangi76 and Oldpainless like this.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I agree as overall I find playback pretty rock solid. OK full bluray support is not great but I doubt they will ever crack that nut the way Dune did.
    For me the area I would like to see most improvement is with HT4. HT has come a long way over the years and I prefer it to the likes of Kodi and Plex. HT4 has many areas that need adding and improving and HT could be ported directly over to any new hardware in the future.

vddan likes this.
  8. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I posted this on AVS a while ago but didn't really get any traction and all issues seem to come to the FW thread, so here we go.

I checked my player to notice it's been using WiFi from day one. DHCP doesn't connect or obtain an IP and manually entering the details doesn't work either. The cable works, I swapped the Zappiti Player back in and it connected fine. Tried another cable too, didn't work with the Z9X. I have seen a fair few ethernet connectivity posts here and elsewhere.

What do I need to do to get ethernet working? I also disabled WiFi and tried ethernet again, rebooted with just ethernet enabled, no joy.

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

At this point you may want to get a flashlight and shine it in at the Zidoo's ethernet port and look to see if all the network contacts are down and even and are able to make a proper connection with your cable. In some cases, I have seen one or more of the little contacts get wedged up and over.. you can then use a fine flat blade screwdriver to try and get any wayward contacts back into proper position. If they all look normal, then I am thinking factory reset... if that doesn't work, maybe indeed the LAN port is actually defective? Super rare, but possible I guess.....

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nothing special to do, just turn off Wifi as you've done.

Just tested here - I always use ethernet on static IP, but just switched to DHCP and the router assigned an IP in the DHCP range correctly.

Is the ethernet LED on at the back of the box lit up? (assuming you haven't turned them off in settings/Network/Ethernet connection lights).

If so, what colour is it and is it flashing?

If you enter a static IP address (making sure it's not duplicated and subnet mask, gateway/router and DNS addresses are correct) what happens when you hit "Connect"?

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

@Six66Mike, additionally make sure you assign a static IP not used, otherwise get a new free one!!

12. Oldpainless

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

14. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

My AppleTV 2021 had issues streaming from Ethernet for over a year, causing artifacts and stuttering on titles like Stranger Things, it was a widely known problem. The only way to get rid of this was to use Wifi instead. Now I have the problem that sometimes I don't get any sound when starting a movie, stopping and starting again fixes this.

However, on the UI side of things there's not a lot to complain, it's a smooth experience somehow no one else manages to achieve, including the Z9X. But I don't care as long as it is really the first player I ever owned which just plays everything.

15. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Good evening. I have a problem with the subtitles. As soon as I want to put the subtitles the video stops, crashes and sends me back to the home page of my zidoo z1000pro. I have tried different settings and different formats uhd and fhd and it's the same. I don't know what to do.
    Do you have a setting to give me.
    Thanks

16. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

I wasn’t quick to jump on Zidoo for the lack of communication and updates, but this is much longer than I anticipated we would have to wait for ANY news. Like others, I’m mostly happy with my Zidoo box but there are some very obvious little bugs and quirks that absolutely need addressed at some point. I cannot imagine they would just abandon the project without addressing even the most simple bugs. Like the fact that all 5.1 tracks are still listed as 7.1? That has been an issue ever since I first bought a Zidoo.

Mark assured us they aren’t abandoning this project. While I believe him… if you got some news you should spill the beans! Give us some faith!

sebna likes this.
  17. vddan

vddan Active Member

18. Oldpainless

I too, like the vast majority are pretty much happy with the Zidoo (yes, there are still bugs that need fixing). For now, I use ZDMC 19.4 with the arctic zephyr 2 resurrection skin, and I love it.

I think the rub here is that Mark was promised new FW would be soon by his contact(s) at Zidoo some time ago. This not only puts Mark in an awkward position (who this forum owes a debt of gratitude), it also provides ammo for the other competitors in this niche space, hence some of the posts we have seen of late.

rozel likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I appreciate the words, thank you.

Mind you the competitors are not best placed at the moment - Zappiti are in liquidation and Dune are being forced to use cheap Kodi boxes and smoke and mirrors. To be perfectly honest, that's not good either.

crutzulee and darkeyes909 like this.
  20. Oldpainless

You're welcome, and as for the competitors, totally agree.